"Party songs"

Started by tgmc421, Aug 08, 2007, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGMC421

In 7 songs or less, which MMJ songs would you pick to throw into the music mix @ a party?   :-?

Curious.

P.S.  Don't worry about others music tastes  ;D

The DARK

Cobra (ended after "I Know Somebody" section)
Lowdown
Off The Record
Just Because I Do
Hopefully (slow song!)
Dancefloorz
Tyrone
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

O is the One
Cobra
Dancefloors
Easy Morning Rebel
Mahgeetah
The Way That He Sings
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ItsAllSticky

I'd come to your party for sure, DARK.

I made one but then I read not to worry about others' tastes.  So it's less of a party mix in that respect.  

Just one thing
Into the Woods
Hopefully
Sooner
Run Thru (from Okonokos)
Way that he sings
Dancefloors

EDIT: After seeing BH's post, I'd strike Sooner from my list and add O.  Good call.

Keep in mind if you said I could add 7 songs to the mix at someone else's party, I'd pick a very different group.

TGMC421

QuoteI'd come to your party for sure, DARK.

I made one but then I read not to worry about others' tastes.  So it's less of a party mix in that respect.  

Just one thing
Into the Woods
Hopefully
Sooner
Run Thru (from Okonokos)
Way that he sings
Dancefloors

Keep in mind if you said I could add 7 songs to the mix at someone else's party, I'd pick a very different group.

I appreciate the feedback thus far!

Mind putting out the alternate list as well, Sticky?   :D

ItsAllSticky

Of course.  Here's my list of 7 most listener friendly MMJ songs.  Obviously, Into the Woods is not gonna show up on this one.  

One Big Holiday
Anytime
Mahgeetah
Wordless Chorus
Off the Record
Bermuda Highway
Golden

I'm not saying these songs are poppier or more commercial. I just think they have the highest "first listen value."

P.S. I love steam engine. This listing thing is tough.

CT90CT

Wordless Chorus
Lay Low
X-Mas Curtain
Mageetah
Anytime
One Big Holiday
It Beats for You

BH

It Beats for You

I only did six earlier so I could save one for something I forgot.  It Beats 4U is the one!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

JohnnyRage

What kind of party???

A party for all ages and types...

Can you see the helmet on my head
Cobra 1st Section
Evelyn is Not Real
Gideon
Girl From The North country
Golden
Heartbreak'n Man
I just wanted to be your friend
Lowdown
Mahgeetah
One Big Holiday
Oxen
Sooner
Steam Engine
The Way He Sings
Where To Begin
Wordless Chorus
X-mas Curtain

That's 7even.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

sweatboard

I like the Acousticcitsuoca version of "Sooner" for back porch/sunset/beach parties.  I like Wordless Chorus for Panty Parties.  
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

for a party, i would stay away from any of the slower stuff
O Is The One
Lowdown
One Big Holiday
Mahgeetah
Anytime
Run Thru
Dancefloors
all of wich are on Okonokos, i would use at least some from that album-live cds are good for partys

EDIT:
Just Because I do would be excellent
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ItsAllSticky

I love it beats 4 u because of the jam at the end. right as you start to get into it, they abruptly end the song. the bass line to this one is great too.

tomEisenbraun

i can't even begin to describe the way ib beats murders peoples heads live. i wish i'd taken a picture of the bruise i beat into my leg when they played the Ryman last year. turns out that drumming on your leg with your fist turns into a very bad idea after about 2 hours of pure rock goldeness.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Quotei can't even begin to describe the way ib beats murders peoples heads live. i wish i'd taken a picture of the bruise i beat into my leg when they played the Ryman last year. turns out that drumming on your leg with your fist turns into a very bad idea after about 2 hours of pure rock goldeness.

I certainly can't think of a better bass line to bruise yourself to.

ItsAllSticky

yo T.E. are you from Nashville?  I went to school there from '03 to '05.  Apparently, the semester after I left the Jacket played at my school.  Granted, I didn't get introduced to them until a short time later so I probably would have missed 'em anyway.  I can't imagine seeing them at the ryman. I love that place. There's just not a bad seat.  Saw Gov't Mule there a few years back and that was really special.