Don't cite me but....

Started by Paauwe, Oct 23, 2007, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

... i was surfing the web not too long ago and was on the facebook based MMJ fansite when i saw this coment......

*Timmy Mccullough (no network) wrote   at 4:00am on October 7th, 2007.*
     "jim told me the new album should be out in about feb. 2008 sometime - lookin forward."

........seems pretty crazy but i dont know why he would lie.
cheers.

ManNamedTruth

he said in an interview a couple months ago that it was gonna be summer '08. but maybe things are going faster/better than expected
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

Quotehe said in an interview a couple months ago that it was gonna be summer '08. but maybe things are going faster/better than expected

That was BIR.

Before In Rainbows.   :o

It's interesing that Radiohead is looking at ATO to release the official CD.  I think all record companies and bands should wise up and release the album as mp3.'s for sale through the bands web sight the night it's finished being mastered and ready for consumption.  As soon as the record is finished it's going to leak anyway.  Might as well make some money off it.  The longer the leaks out before the official release date the less people are going to end up buying it.  I wouldn't be suprised if MMJ followed this formula and released the album as mp3. files shortly before releasing the hard copy to the music stores.  Please don't think I'm saying that mp3's are just as good as buying the actual cd or vinyl, because I most certainly am not.      
There's Still Time.........

BH

Quote Please don't think I'm saying that mp3's are just as good as buying the actual cd or vinyl, because I most certainly am not.      

;D That's my boy.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin@work

Quote... i was surfing the web not too long ago and was on the facebook based MMJ fansite when i saw this coment......

"jim told me the new album should be out in about feb. 2008 sometime - lookin forward."

who the h*ll is Timmy McCullough and how would he know Jim?
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

getinthevan

I would shell out $80 for an MMJ discbox.  Especially if it came with a CD of bonus tracks!  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

sweatboard

The next band to do a release similar to Radiohead will have the benefit of being associated with Radiohead.  What I'm trying to say is that if a band like MMJ released their next album the same way Radiohead did they would have a bunch of people downloading it that have never heard of MMJ or wouldn't have really thought about getting it if it had just showed up one day in the record store, simply because it's going to create a news buzz when the next band decides to do this.  

Kory

QuoteThe next band to do a release similar to Radiohead will have the benefit of being associated with Radiohead.  What I'm trying to say is that if a band like MMJ released their next album the same way Radiohead did they would have a bunch of people downloading it that have never heard of MMJ or wouldn't have really thought about getting it if it had just showed up one day in the record store, simply because it's going to create a news buzz when the next band decides to do this.  

spot on!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

MickeyReds

The new album will destroy all!!! Cant wait! ;D
As long as you keep a straight face...

cmccubbin@work

QuoteThe next band to do a release similar to Radiohead will have the benefit of being associated with Radiohead.  What I'm trying to say is that if a band like MMJ released their next album the same way Radiohead did they would have a bunch of people downloading it that have never heard of MMJ or wouldn't have really thought about getting it if it had just showed up one day in the record store, simply because it's going to create a news buzz when the next band decides to do this.  

i've heard that oasis is considering doing this...
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

cmccubbin@work

and MMJ is the "American" Radiohead (according to Rolling stone), right?

kickingtelevision

and MMJ is the "American" Radiohead (according to Rolling stone), right?[/quote]

nope, that unfortunate title belongs to wilco.

as far as the next album goes, the sooner the better

Angry Ewok

Quote*Timmy Mccullough (no network) wrote   at 4:00am on October 7th, 2007.*

Whoever McCullough is, I wouldn't give anything he says an ounce of credibility. You will find that most people who are as friendly with Jim as he claims to be, rarely talk about it - and certainly wouldn't brag about the shit he's been bragging about. Scroll through our FaceBook group and you'll find him pandering on about strumming guitar with the guys, as well.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

evilPaauwe

-what would we be without wishful thinking.

cheers.

Oz

Quote... i was surfing the web not too long ago and was on the facebook based MMJ fansite when i saw this coment......

Sorry, I just had to make that joke...  ;)
I'm ready when you are

Oz

And now I see that I should have done it earlier, because considering the other posts before me, no one will get it. Oh well.
I'm ready when you are

DaFunkyPrecedent

MMJ like Radiohead is a fan friendly band...they'll do something for us.  they know we've been waiting.  

I wonder how that must feel...knowing a group of a thousand or so groupies will do what ever they can to hear new music from you. I feel they get more presure from us than they do the media.  
God damn those shaky knees.

cmccubbin@work

QuoteMMJ like Radiohead is a fan friendly band...they'll do something for us.  they know we've been waiting.  

I wonder how that must feel...knowing a group of a thousand or so groupies will do what ever they can to hear new music from you. I feel they get more presure from us than they do the media.  

most definitely!

sweatboard

I wouldn't say more "pressure" when takeing into account the fanbase, but I doubt they really take into account the media at all when they start writting a new record.  

They have a "fanbase" for a reason.  That fanbase was turned on and I'm sure doesn't expect the band to consider their "fanbase" when they write the next record.  When the band starts playing" to the "fanbase" we run into serious problems.

"If You Build It They Will Come" - Field Of Dreams