Main Menu

Xmas Curtain

Started by justine, Dec 29, 2007, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justine

ok, so my obsession with this band is reaching epic proporitions, but what the hell is Xmas Curtain all about? It's a great song, but is it a case of 'it's not the words that he says'!?

J

Michael B

I love that song. That was the first song I ever heard from MMJ. Something about it just struck me. It was different... yet familiar. My buddy stumbled across it years ago and shared it with me. I'm so glad it's on OKONOKOS. The first time I saw them in 2005 I was praying they would play it, but they didn't.
As for the words. I fell in love with the overall feel of the song and just sang "whatever" for years, figuring out the words as I went along. when I finally saw the lyrics it really didn't matter what (if anything) he was saying. But something (to me) about the way the words roll out is awesome.

justine

That is totally what happened with me. Been listening to it forever, though of late that album has been on repeat. For me, something about the whole sound is right at this moment. I looked up the lyrics for the first time today and I was like 'what the fuck?' but in a funny way.

justine

wow! Thanks for that, Tracy. Feel like a bit of a freshman. I'll try and catch up!