Main Menu

1st Post...

Started by weeniebeenie, Dec 31, 2007, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

Hi,
I bought Pearl Jam Immagine In Cornice in September (cause I'm a huge PJ fan) and was blown away by the version of A Quick One... Eddie did with MMJ. So I thought to myself, if this band can do such a great Who cover, they must be good. So I bought Z and haven't stopped listening since. I then bought Okonokos (dvd) and I couldn't believe how good it was. Yesterday I bought It Still Moves because once I start to like a band I kinda go nuts and want all their albums...Naturally. ;) It's been so cool to find this band and listen to them all summer (I live in Australia). I can't wait to buy the rest of their records cause I know I'll love them! Jim writes these awesome lyrics, Tommy holds it all together, when I hear Pat I forget he's not John Bonham, Bo plays these awesome parts like in Anytime and Lay Low and Carl, man! What can't he do?!Anywho I just wanted to get that out. Thanks for reading!  Serena.
P.s. Do you guys think that they will ever come to Australia?
How loud can silence get?

BH

QuoteHi,
I bought Pearl Jam Immagine In Cornice in September (cause I'm a huge PJ fan) and was blown away by the version of A Quick One... Eddie did with MMJ. So I thought to myself, if this band can do such a great Who cover, they must be good. So I bought Z and haven't stopped listening since. I then bought Okonokos (dvd) and I couldn't believe how good it was. Yesterday I bought It Still Moves because once I start to like a band I kinda go nuts and want all their albums...Naturally. ;) It's been so cool to find this band and listen to them all summer (I live in Australia). I can't wait to buy the rest of their records cause I know I'll love them! Jim writes these awesome lyrics, Tommy holds it all together, when I hear Pat I forget he's not John Bonham, Bo plays these awesome parts like in Anytime and Lay Low and Carl, man! What can't he do?!Anywho I just wanted to get that out. Thanks for reading!  Serena.
P.s. Do you guys think that they will ever come to Australia?

Nice!   I love these stories!  Glad to hear the PJ video worked it's magic on you.   Now I think At Dawn should be on the top of your list of things to buy. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

getinthevan

I think At Dawn should be at the top of everyone's list to buy.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

EC

hey getinthevan - are you referencing withnail & i, or the rollins book?
:)

EC

oh, and of course, welcome weeniebeenie :)

EAZYE

welcome aboard weenie ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

weeniebeenie

Thanks everyone! I will definitely buy At Dawn next. :)

ms. yvon

hooray weenie!

here's hoping that when the boys release the next album they will be able to swing down to australia on tour.  SUCH a treat!

also, check out the taping/archive section for lots of fab live shows.  boy oh boy.   :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MarkW

Hey Weenie - welcome to the board.  You should stop reading this right now and run out and buy At Dawn.  There's no time to waste - you need it in your life!  ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

getinthevan

Quotehey getinthevan - are you referencing withnail & i, or the rollins book?
:)

The Rollins book.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Hawkeye

Buy the Tennessee Fire and Acoustic Citcuoca while you're at it  ;)
We could.

weeniebeenie

Okay, so I guess I should buy At Dawn within the next week-ish?  ;DI keep listening to The Way That He Sings on Okonokos anyway so I have a feeling that i'll love it. And I will buy the rest cause I've got some Christmas money that needs spending. :) Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I will DEFINITELY check out the taping/archive section.

SMc55

Welcome aboard  :)

TEO

QuoteOkay, so I guess I should buy At Dawn within the next week-ish?  ;DI keep listening to The Way That He Sings on Okonokos anyway so I have a feeling that i'll love it. And I will buy the rest cause I've got some Christmas money that needs spending. :) Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I will DEFINITELY check out the taping/archive section.

You might want to check out 3 of my MMJ videos from Bonnaroo '06 on youtube under the name of realteo. Oh, and welcome aboard, you are gonna' LOVE it! (there are also 3 featuring Your Evening Windbreaker from Jacketfest '07)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

weeniebeenie

QuoteOkay, so I guess I should buy At Dawn within the next week-ish?  ;DI keep listening to The Way That He Sings on Okonokos anyway so I have a feeling that i'll love it. And I will buy the rest cause I've got some Christmas money that needs spending. :) Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I will DEFINITELY check out the taping/archive section.

You might want to check out 3 of my MMJ videos from Bonnaroo '06 on youtube under the name of realteo. Oh, and welcome aboard, you are gonna' LOVE it! (there are also 3 featuring Your Evening Windbreaker from Jacketfest '07)
I'll definitely check them out. :)