My Morning Jacket - Blu-ray Release?

Started by Croweyes1121, Jan 08, 2008, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croweyes1121

I was wondering if My Morning Jacket has any plans on releasing anything on Blu-ray, be it Okonokos or something else.  Sony BMG put out the last DVD release (which was really spectacular), and  can only imagine how great this (or any other MMJ) concert would look - and SOUND - on Blu-ray.

cmccubbin@work

QuoteI was wondering if My Morning Jacket has any plans on releasing anything on Blu-ray, be it Okonokos or something else.  Sony BMG put out the last DVD release (which was really spectacular), and  can only imagine how great this (or any other MMJ) concert would look - and SOUND - on Blu-ray.

i would love to see Okonokos on Blu-Ray (i have a PS3), but i doubt there is much demand for this in the Blu-Ray market.

in the grand scheme of marketing and dvd sales there aren't that many MMJ fans and then even less with Blu-Ray players...

anybody have an idea of how many copies the Okonokos DVD sold?
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

wheelhousetunes

i would love to see Okonokos on Blu-Ray (i have a PS3), but i doubt there is much demand for this in the Blu-Ray market.

Just out of curiousity, how are the dvd load times with the PS3? I've heard Blu-Ray players take a while just to load up the dvd before playing. Do regular dvd's look better with it?

EAZYE

Most Blu-ray players, and for that matter HD-DVD players all take a long time to load
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

cmccubbin@work

Just out of curiousity, how are the dvd load times with the PS3? I've heard Blu-Ray players take a while just to load up the dvd before playing. Do regular dvd's look better with it?

honestly i haven't really noticed the load times being that slow.

the PS3 does upconvert regular DVDs to a hi-def picture (it says up to 1080p)...it looks better than the regular DVD picture, but not quite as good as blu-ray.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

wheelhousetunes

the PS3 does upconvert regular DVDs to a hi-def picture (it says up to 1080p)...it looks better than the regular DVD picture, but not quite as good as blu-ray.

Thanks for the info! Sounds pretty good. I'll probably still wait on the Blu-Ray scene just a little longer, but it's nice to know the PS3 works good for them!

cmccubbin@work

Thanks for the info! Sounds pretty good. I'll probably still wait on the Blu-Ray scene just a little longer, but it's nice to know the PS3 works good for them!

i hear ya...but the hi-def format war is all but over....bly-ray will soon be the winner.