The Scream On Gideon.....

Started by sweatboard, Feb 19, 2008, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Just seems to rip through the fabric of the blindfold that stands, and continues to confront me daily.

I'm just blown away by the song and the emotion that's pouring out, thoughts on this song?  

There's Still Time.........

rob

I like this song a lot.....I just wish it didn't remind me of U2 quite so much.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Yatz

QuoteI like this song a lot.....I just wish it didn't remind me of U2 quite so much.

Aha, but you have missed two important points: 1. Gideon does not suck and 2. Jim James does not wear goggles like Chris Sabo even though he is indoors.

What's the difference between Jesus and Bono?

Jesus doesn't think he's Bono.

I bid you good day
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

MickeyReds

What the F is wrong with U2?!
As long as you keep a straight face...

cmccubbin@work

QuoteI like this song a lot.....I just wish it didn't remind me of U2 quite so much.

Aha, but you have missed two important points: 1. Gideon does not suck and 2. Jim James does not wear goggles like Chris Sabo even though he is indoors.

I bid you good day

wow...that's awesome.   ;D

will you be my new best friend?!?
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Yatz

I bid you good day

wow...that's awesome.   ;D

will you be my new best friend?!?

BFF fo sho.  Give me some elbow.
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

.Walt

yes the scream on gideon is awesome, but is it the best scream?? i say the dude who screams MOREEEEE!! on Olde Sept. Blues could give jim a run for his money.

i was just listening to that today, and i thought to myself...i wanna either hit that guy, or buy him a beer.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

thatswhatshesaid

funny that this thread has popped up... i have been on a gideon kick the past week or so and am currently trying to talk my brother benjamin into covering it.

aMD

Quotefunny that this thread has popped up... i have been on a gideon kick the past week or so and am currently trying to talk my brother benjamin into covering it.

Sweet!  I'm right there with you.

The only one that may give it a run for its money is the scream in live versions of Honest Man or Twilight.  Here are them back to back from a classic 00 show:

http://www.archive.org/download/mmj2000-10-27.WFPK/mmj2000-10-27t10_vbr.mp3
http://www.archive.org/download/mmj2000-10-27.WFPK/mmj2000-10-27t11_vbr.mp3

CC

Quoteyes the scream on gideon is awesome, but is it the best scream?? i say the dude who screams MOREEEEE!! on Olde Sept. Blues could give jim a run for his money.

i was just listening to that today, and i thought to myself...i wanna either hit that guy, or buy him a beer.

i know that guy.
i suggest you buy him a beer ;)

aMD

Do you know the chick who keeps screaming I WILL BE ZERE WHEN YOU DIE!!! At one of those early european shows?  that's some funny shit!

CC

QuoteDo you know the chick who keeps screaming I WILL BE ZERE WHEN YOU DIE!!! At one of those early european shows?  that's some funny shit!

haha, you must be talking about the Cactus festival show.
i remember her, she was cute.

cmccubbin@work

QuoteDo you know the chick who keeps screaming I WILL BE ZERE WHEN YOU DIE!!! At one of those early european shows?  that's some funny shit!

remember the chick from the solo Jim show at the Rud that kept yelling, "thank you!"?

i wanted to punch her in the face...
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

aMD

haha, you must be talking about the Cactus festival show.
i remember her, she was cute.

Yeah, that's the show.

aMD

remember the chick from the solo Jim show at the Rud that kept yelling, "thank you!"?

i wanted to punch her in the face...

I still wanna punch her in the face!  It was funny though when Jim kept saying thank you back. i think that was his way of saying "shut the fuck up, lady".

mjkoehler

I remember the guy at the last St Louis show that screamed out, MORE REVERB at the 12 second mark on Wordless Chorus.

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2006-11-20.The_Pageant_St_Louis_MO

MarkW

QuoteMORE REVERB

Were I ever to get a tattoo, I think I've just found it.

Can't decide between a gothic "Thug Life" style round my capacious stomach (a la 2pac), or a smaller upper-arm design.  :D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

QuoteMORE REVERB

Were I ever to get a tattoo, I think I've just found it.

Can't decide between a gothic "Thug Life" style round my capacious stomach (a la 2pac), or a smaller upper-arm design.  :D
True dat ;D