Evil Urges Track List - Billboard Article

Started by LaurieBlue, Mar 07, 2008, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

"A falsetto driven groove fest" for crying out loud!

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kyjed48

That article just made me very happy!!  I cannot wait to hear this!;D
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

pawpaw

Quote"A falsetto driven groove fest" for crying out loud!

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I know, is there anything better than that?!?! These songs are going to be SO MUCH FUN TO HEAR LIVE!!!!! :D :D :D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Laylow27

this album has the potential to be one long, reeling version of "Cobra".......not that that's a bad thing, haha, but 14 tracks! We are being fucking spoiled people. HELL YEAH!

red

primushead

I can't wait!  It's slowly, slowly coming to the end...of waiting, that is.  

TGMC421

EC

Jaimoe

By the description, I think I'm either going to really love the album or be horribly disappointed. I'm feeling worried since I hate hate hate disco and electronica (although it works in trip-hop).

aMD

As far as the description of the sound goes it sounds like they made that funk record they always talked about making. I'm looking forward to see what they do it.  I trust that anything Jim puts his name on will be gold (but I am a little nervous).

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

whothrewthecake

Quotei wonder if "touch me i'm going to scream" is referring to thrusting in your face.

where is "thrusting in your face part 89" and "thrusting in your face part 932?"

COME ON PEOPLE

rob

QuoteBy the description, I think I'm either going to really love the album or be horribly disappointed. I'm feeling worried since I hate hate hate disco and electronica (although it works in trip-hop).

I don't hate disco and electronica, but I hear ya. I'm pretty sure MMJ are smart enough not to go all recent-era QOTSA. I just hope the album's not just 'of the moment', and holds up well over time like all their other albums so far. Love the funk aspect. The description of Highly Suspicious reminds me of the first 3rd of Cobra.....that's a good thing. Thank You Too = Make It With You? We'll see. Can't wait to hear it all.  :o
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

rob

Quoteits like this:

"Evil Urges"
"Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 1"

other tracks

"Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2"
"Good Intentions"

You're a quick study. Very observant! Interesting....
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Chico

I have evil urges to hear this album in its entirety, now-ish.  Seeing them 3-4 times next week is NOT enough!

The DARK

Is it possible that Wonderful could get released as a stand-alone?

Or that it may be on the new project with M Ward and Bright Eyes?

Either way, the only song ever played before is Look at You, only heard by those lucky folks who made it to the Rud. :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

Excellent news. I can't wait to hear it.

Found this while trawling about:

PETER ABELARD (1079-1142 AD): In the middle ages, a Christian thinker, Peter Abelard, added a new dimension to the problem. He thought that an act itself is not good or bad but it is the intention of the doer that makes it good or bad.  If a thief commits a theft intending it as something good, it is thereby good.  God considers only the spirit in which an act is done. If one acts in terms of what he deems right but errs and does wrong, the act will remain good.  According to him, goodness and morality are a matter of conscience and intention to do wrong.  An evil done with good intention is not sinful.

Evil urges... good intentions.   Have the chaps gone all medaeval christian on us?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side