be gentle...i'm new

Started by The_Bear, Nov 06, 2005, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bear

hi,

I've listened to MMJ casually for the last two years, but in the last two months i've really fallen for them...especially Jim's voice on Acoustic Citsuoca. And now i can't stop listening to "where to begin" from that crappy movie (too bad, the imagery was beautiful). I just can't get enough of that voice.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for songs/albums. I only have "it still moves", "Z", "Acoustic Citsuoca", and i have lowdown, they ran, evelyn, and a few others on my itunes.

I'm more into acoustic numbers, and "where to begin" could be one of my favorite songs of all time :)

cheers,

Matt

October

Quotehi,

I've listened to MMJ casually for the last two years, but in the last two months i've really fallen for them...especially Jim's voice on Acoustic Citsuoca. And now i can't stop listening to "where to begin" from that crappy movie (too bad, the imagery was beautiful). I just can't get enough of that voice.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for songs/albums. I only have "it still moves", "Z", "Acoustic Citsuoca", and i have lowdown, they ran, evelyn, and a few others on my itunes.

I'm more into acoustic numbers, and "where to begin" could be one of my favorite songs of all time :)

cheers,

Matt

i think pretty much everybody will tell you to get At Dawn.  it's a lot of people's favorite and has some EXCELLENT acoustic-type tunes...Bermuda Highway, Hopefully, Death Is My Sleazy Pay, I Needed It Most.  Jim's voice shines throughout as always...also has one of my personal favorites Strangulation

other than that if you really like acoustic stuff i think the two demo discs are awesome (Learning and Sandworm Cometh) despite crappy quality on some songs.  they have a lot of great solo acoustic Jim songs

Tenn Fire might also be what yourve looking for, but id go with At Dawn first

The_Bear

brkndwnbus

Yeah, At Dawn would be my reccomendation. My personal favorite albums are At Dawn and then Tenn Fire. A big reason is because I am more into acoustic numbers as well.

loper

As acoustic numbers go its hard to beat Sunrides/I Will Be There When You Die from  Early Recordings - Learning. ::)

peanut butter puddin surprise

some killer live versions from the FTP might help... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

We've had a lot of newbies ask for recommendations of albums, and, stop me if this isn't true, but I would recommend whatever the fuck you can find!  I don't think you can really go wrong with ANY MMJ material.  So shop away! 8)