"Wonderful Lyrics"

Started by sweatboard, Feb 29, 2008, 02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

This is what I've got so far, feel free to make changes, I know some of it's wrong....

"Chorus" X2
I feel so wonderful
Wonderful
Wonderful the way I feel

It matters to me
Took a long time to get here
If it would have been easy
I would not have came

Like a tropical forest
Like a cop on the beat
When hours get older
You get lost in the bleak

"Chorus" X2

Doesn't matter to me
I could take it or leave it
I could live from without wind
Slowly find out

With the sun on my shoulders
And the wind at my back
I will never grow older
At least not in my mind

"Chorus" X2

So Wonderfuuuuuulllllllll!.....X1

"Chorus" X1

Interlude...

I'm going where there ain't no fear
I'm going where the spirit is real
I'm going where the living is easy
And the people are kind
A New state of Mind

I'm going where there ain't no disease
I'm going where there ain't no police
I'm going where there aint' no need
To escape from what is only spirits at ease..

OOOHHHHHOHHHHohhuouooo....  :)

There's Still Time.........

KC

this song sticks in my head like crazy.
[url="http://37flood.com"]http://37flood.com[/url]

BH

Damn that's beautiful when you see it all written down like that.  Thanks for the effort on that one brother!  I'll put it on soon and see how it looks, but it seems to be spot on.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CT90CT

To start the debate, I believe the following correction is in order:
Like a tropical forest
Like a cop on the beat
when all is in order
you get lost in the heat

CT90CT

Also,
I could live from way back when
And still live right now

But who knows JJ changes the lyrics all the time

KC

QuoteTo start the debate, I believe the following correction is in order:
Like a tropical forest
Like a cop on the beat
when all is in order
you get lost in the heat

you are right its def "when all is in order" although the last line is debatable.
[url="http://37flood.com"]http://37flood.com[/url]

The DARK

This song is deceptively simple. You'd think it's just something he knocked up one night at the bar, but the lyrics are really great. :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

realdeal

That's what bothers me about this particular song. It's too easy. The chorus is too simple and "top 40". What ever happened to the abstract lyrics. When reading the lyrics, you get that pop country bullshit feel.

TheDude

Is this a new song??? I'm so confused..... where can I hear it? Can someone hook a brother up????
First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

BH

QuoteIs this a new song??? I'm so confused..... where can I hear it? Can someone hook a brother up????

Consider yourself hooked up brother.

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2007-10-27.BridgeSchool_Day1
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin@work

QuoteThat's what bothers me about this particular song. It's too easy. The chorus is too simple and "top 40". What ever happened to the abstract lyrics. When reading the lyrics, you get that pop country bullshit feel.

the first time i heard it played (at the Rud show last year) i felt the same way.

i just don't see how this song even works as a MMJ song...
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

easy jim

"I'm going where the spirit is near"

maybe :-?
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

TheDude

First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

ktm293

So is this an original or cover?

BH

Original.   There is speculation it may show up on the rumored Monsters of Folk studio album.

Nikkogino

QuoteThat's what bothers me about this particular song. It's too easy. The chorus is too simple and "top 40". What ever happened to the abstract lyrics. When reading the lyrics, you get that pop country bullshit feel.

the first time i heard it played (at the Rud show last year) i felt the same way.

When is Jim doing a solo album?  You guys think this will ever happen?....or is there no need?

aMD

When is Jim doing a solo album?  You guys think this will ever happen?....or is there no need?

Chocolate and Ice was a solo album credited as My Morning Jacket.  So the answer is if he does do a solo album it'll still probably be credited as My Morning Jacket.

I wish they'd officially released the Rud show, that might be the closest we come to an official release by Jim James

whothrewthecake

i just listened to this on the way home from work and i really like this song. it seems simple yet it's not. you can really interpret anything anyway you want but i like to think of this song as something my grandpa would've said right before he closed his eyes and didn't wake up. i mean this in a really good way. it's beautiful.

ktm293

Anyone have any idea for chords...?

sweatboard

I love it to.  I love the feeling I get when I'm listening to it at the right moment in time.  I could see how someone would say how it's simple but it does produce a strong emotional reaction inside me at times.  
There's Still Time.........