Evil Urges promo

Started by goatboy, Apr 01, 2008, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorJimmy

An editor of a popular British music magazine has just received his promo copy of Evil Urges in the mail today.  He will post his thoughts later on a message board I use.  I'll report back!  He's a fan by the way so his thoughts should be interesting.

Andrushka

Are you sure he's not just pulling your guys' leg? I'd be somewhat skeptical considering how secretive the band/management/label are being regarding the record. I don't think any person has gotten a copy to take home outside of the MMJ camp.

If this is in fact true, hopefully we'll be hearing EU ourselves in the foreseeable future...

DoctorJimmy

He's the editor of this magazine -

http://www.clashmusic.com/

He's kosher and he says he's got a promo copy.  I have no reason to doubt him.

Andrushka

Well ok. I'm just a little surprised he got a promo and not NPR. But i'll trust him if you do.

bignewt

I read that the album comes out in the UK a week earlier so that may be a reason for the promo.
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

DoctorJimmy

:-[  It's an April Fools methinks.  :D

If it's any consolation I'm sure a promo copy will be available soon.

Andrushka

Promos won't go out until early may, both in the U.S. and UK.  The only hope for a leak before then is probably if someone steals the record from a) management, b) the printing plant, c) a band members, d) record label, etc.

DoctorJimmy

Right, well it wasn't an Aprils Fools like I assumed and the guy is listening to it.  First impressions seem very positive - less heavy guitars and reverb, some strings and Highly Suspicious is the most modern thing they've ever recorded.  I expect he will post a fuller report later sometime.

dhollensbe

QuotePromos won't go out until early may, both in the U.S. and UK.  The only hope for a leak before then is probably if someone steals the record from a) management, b) the printing plant, c) a band members, d) record label, etc.

So you're hoping someone steals the record and spreads it before its released even though the band has so graciously given us a significant sample of the record already by broadcasting the show from Austin over the internets?  

Bullshit if you ask me...I hope everyone on this board vigilantly harasses anyone who STEALS this record before its released.
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

tomEisenbraun

QuotePromos won't go out until early may, both in the U.S. and UK.  The only [size=18]hope[/size] for a leak before then is probably if someone [size=18]steals[/size] the record from a) management, b) the printing plant, c) a band members, d) record label, etc.

Items in bold for emphasis. Those two words don't go together in the same sentence. Especially not around here. If the band wants to leak it, cool. But let's respect the artistic merit, here. We'll get in a big drawn out fight about the leak YET AGAIN I'm sure, but seriously, there's much better language to use if you even want to approach the subject around here. Welcome to the board, but don't come around here with those sort of expectations.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

bridget

QuotePromos won't go out until early may, both in the U.S. and UK.  The only [size=18]hope[/size] for a leak before then is probably if someone [size=18]steals[/size] the record from a) management, b) the printing plant, c) a band members, d) record label, etc.

Items in bold for emphasis. Those two words don't go together in the same sentence. Especially not around here. If the band wants to leak it, cool. But let's respect the artistic merit, here. We'll get in a big drawn out fight about the leak YET AGAIN I'm sure, but seriously, there's much better language to use if you even want to approach the subject around here. Welcome to the board, but don't come around here with those sort of expectations.

Amen.