anyone know.....

Started by bo_dereks_tits, Apr 07, 2008, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bo dereks tits

....the name of the studio in Colorado where they recorded Evil Urges?

Bigsky

Quote....the name of the studio in Colorado where they recorded Evil Urges?

I believe that I read they recorded it in NYC, but I can't remember where I read that...I'll try to find the article

getinthevan

I believe that I read they recorded it in NYC, but I can't remember where I read that...I'll try to find the article

Jim said it on some video interview that was posted online.  Possibly the MTV one.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Bigsky

I found it: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584403/20080328/my_morning_jacket.jhtml

[Recording in New York also changed the overall direction of the music, James said. "We kind of deliberately wanted to make it different from our previous environments, where it was more loose and stretched-out. We wanted the feeling of being under this thing to add a precision to it. ... I do feel like it was a hard record to make — the hardest record we've ever made. We did have a lot of fun in the conceiving of it, but in the making of it, it was work."]

BH

I think they wrote and maybe did some demo recordings in Colorado.  That's probably what you were thinking of.  Not sure where that was.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DaFunkyPrecedent

It was outside of Denver ontop of some big hill somewhere i was told.  I had a friend of a friend who was one of the guys that would bring up mics and speakers and chords and shit to them.  I wanna say they lived up there for a while, but dont quote me on that.  

While there though, they wrote 20 songs apperently and then brought them to NYC - i wonder where the other 6 songs are?  EP?!?!? He said they were just practicing a lot too...LIVE!

They were up there in their studio when Dylan asked them to open for them for the 3 days in CO.  ohhh telluride, how i miss you.
God damn those shaky knees.

bo dereks tits

see if you can find out the name.