does Jim smoke?

Started by sivalc, Oct 26, 2005, 04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteVery interesting info.  Have you done any research on the weed smoke?  Is it less harmful than tobacco on the vocal chords?  
Pretty sure it's more harmful, honey.  The resin from weed can be really sticky and build up over time.  (Like it does in your pipe.)  Actually, that's a great analogy.  Over time that resin builds up in your lungs and your throat.  Like tar from regular cigarettes.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that weed resin even builds up on your brain stem, which is part of the reason that chronic weeders forget so much stuff.

But that might've been told to me from a high person, so it may not be true...

DD

thc builds up around brain cells.  kind of putting a layer on them.  but when you quit smoking this goes away and it only really effects chronic smokers.  well, not necessarily "chronic smokers" so much as constant smokers. ;)

also the cannibanoids in weed cancel out cancer causing properties of carcinogens that are created when smoking weed.  of course its not necessarily "good for you" to inhale anything other than oxygen.  so eat the weed.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

ratsprayer

sorry here people, but its well know published facts that pot smokers have a slightly less cancer rate than non smokers.  it may affect someones voice, i wont dispute that.  the cancer thing is just another common myth like pot being linked to driving accidents and memory loss.  when a person is high, yes therye likely to have their memory affected, but when they come down they perform just as well if not better on cognitive tests.  dont make me get links if you disagree with this because i will.   ;D

dragonboy

My sister is a Dr. & she got really worried when I started visiting Mary Jane once or twice a week.
She produced all sorts of info for me, memory loss & paranoia were her too main concerns.
Most of the young mental patients she treated during her time in psychiatry were there due to all the weed they had smoked   :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

mental patients?  that one and marijuana-related emergency room visits are always two of my favourites too.  if youre going to the ER because you burned your finger on a metal pipe, ok ill believe that.  i guess if you end up in the mental ward supposedly because of weed, you werent meant to be smoking it in the first place.  its like acid, if you think youre gonna freak out, then ummm dont even try it.

this just in:  marijuana is more harmful than cocaine and heroin!!   :-/

dragonboy

You're quite right, i got that wrong.
Not mental patients, psychiatric (spelling?) patients?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

What were we talking about again?

tomEisenbraun

Something about  Jim and Patrick being together, wasn't it?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteSomething about  Jim and Patrick being together, wasn't it?
You are B.A.D.A.S.S. ;)

Speaking of pandas, I'm very happy that Riny put that little guy up in the top left corner.  I love him.

dragonboy

Jim & Patrick are gay?!!
That's it, I'm burning all my MMJ CDs right now & you'll never see me on the forum again.
(If I change my mind & come back I'll change my name like that dude Prince - theposterformerlyknownasdragonboy)

;)

EC

QuoteJim & Patrick are gay?!!
That's it, I'm burning all my MMJ CDs right now & you'll never see me on the forum again.
(If I change my mind & come back I'll change my name like that dude Prince - theposterformerlyknownasdragonboy)

;)

No no no.  Tom meant they're "together" in rhythm. ;)

No need to burn your cds.  Just send them to me, and I'll, ah, burn them for you.  Yeah that's it.

ratsprayer

No no no.  Tom meant they're "together" in rhythm. ;)

No need to burn your cds.  Just send them to me, and I'll, ah, burn them for you.  Yeah that's it.

yeah yeah yeah, thats the ticket!

Oz

Does/did Leonard Cohen smoke? 'Cause goddammit, he sure fucked up his voice. And he didn't really have a voice at the first place!
I'm ready when you are

EC

QuoteDoes/did Leonard Cohen smoke? 'Cause goddammit, he sure fucked up his voice. And he didn't really have a voice at the first place!
Not sure.

But, this is an interesting conversation.  What makes a good voice?  We had a big discussion at home about this this very morning.  Because a gal like Celine Dion is supposed to have this incredible voice, but I can't really stand it.  Same with most opera singers.  I don't really like it.

I think the only thing, for me, that makes me like someone's voice, is if they sing their song as themselves.  Like, Neil Young sings like himself.  Bob Dylan sings like himself.  

Some people have naturally pleasant-sounding voices, and other people don't, but for me it doesn't matter as long as they really mean it when they sing.  (I kind of stole that from the Dylan documentary, but I remember when I heard it, it was the closest thing to what I've been trying to say but couldn't find the right words.)  Plus, I like imperfect voices.  Because that (to me) means that the person is focusing more on the guts behind the song than they are on the "sound".  

But I also try not to think about all that too much. ;)

tomEisenbraun

yeah, i don't like wshen everything's dead on and cut and dry, but rather when you can hear the singer's personality through their vocals. like Jim's pretensiveness on Butch Cassidy. Or the full on craziness and mumbliness of half of What a Wonderful Man. Stuff like that. I love it. Beats the hell out of Brandon Boyd. That guy's never hit a bad note. And he's so crisp. But it's just too sterile.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

DanD

to answer the OC's question:  i'm almost postive he does not. i was at the chicago show from sound check to break down, and didn't see him light up.

i was asked by my old college buddy (monitor man Dave) not to smoke in the dressing room area, as to no f'up the air, and subsequently, Jim's vocal cords.

cmccubbin25

how much do you think the boys live the rock'n roll lifestyle...sex, drugs, etc, etc...?

as much as they are playing they probably don't have time for it...

i asked Patrick's brother if Jim smokes and he said "off an on," but i am not sure if he was talking about cigs or weed...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

dragonboy

Quotehow much do you think the boys live the rock'n roll lifestyle...sex, drugs, etc, etc...?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the boys take part in the occasional satanic ritual/sacrifice with their groupies...