Current Favorite EU Track (if you can pick one)

Started by Nikkogino, Apr 23, 2008, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biles1234

"Touch Me, Pt. 2"

with "Thank You Too" a close second

alexzbik

Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Aus9.5

I don't know If anyone else has heard the studio version of smoking' but it doesn't have near the emotion or electricity as the NPR recording. Does anyone else think its missing energy?
"Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company"~ Mark Twain

TFowl

If by "energy" you mean reverb, then yes.

RoughGod

Demon Eyes Are Watching

bold99

I'm Amazed might be my favorite MMJ track ever...its right up there.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

fitzcarraldo

Quotemy current favourite eu track is probably the one that runs between the netherlands and belgium.  it's hard to pick, though.

Priceless!!!

;D

ManNamedTruth

From day one since hearing the SXSW cast, Thank You Too is still my favorite.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bignewt

Good Intentions!!!! :P

Second Place - Touch Me Pt. 2

Third Place - Smokin From Shootin!

Runners up who may soon crack the top: Evil Urges, The Librarian(I would do anything to shoot the video for that, more like a short film!)
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

im2bob

I don't think I have a favorite yet.   But The Librarian is quite interesting to me because it reminds me of 70's sugar pop like Bread or America.   When I saw MMJ on the Z tour here in Atlanta they played a Bread song as an encore so I think perhaps they have a thing for the genre.

Does anyone know what Bread song they played?

im2bob

QuoteI don't think I have a favorite yet.   But The Librarian is quite interesting to me because it reminds me of 70's sugar pop like Bread or America.   When I saw MMJ on the Z tour here in Atlanta they played a Bread song as an encore so I think perhaps they have a thing for the genre.

Huh, I just listened to this again and noticed the line mentioning "Karen of the Carpenters" which falls right into my 70's sugar pop reference.

jrod00

QuoteI don't know If anyone else has heard the studio version of smoking' but it doesn't have near the emotion or electricity as the NPR recording. Does anyone else think its missing energy?

I think this is a very common gripe people have about studio versions of songs of which they've first heard the live version.  How often does a recorded version of a song have as much energy as a live version?  I'd say more often than not, live versions definitely win out on the energy front.  That said, I just listened to the studio verje of Smokin' and it rocked me balls.

Cameron

smokin' from shootin' into touch pt. 2...i see it as one song and it rules!

travisr

For some reason... I really like Sec Walkin' right now

dkessler175

how can no one like highly suspicious??? sure its different but when they guitar kicks in itis pretty wicked

ManNamedTruth

Quotehow can no one like highly suspicious??? sure its different but when they guitar kicks in itis pretty wicked
I'm not crazy about the laughing and the backing vocals.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

RedPatokaSea

QuoteWhen I saw MMJ on the Z tour here in Atlanta they played a Bread song as an encore so I think perhaps they have a thing for the genre.

Was it "Make it with You"?

Jim played an amazing acoustic solo of this song along with "Off the Record".  
There's a great interview to go along with it.  

Download link below:

2005-11-26 BBC studios

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2005-11-25.shnf

:)

To the OP, my favorite song ... it's a toss up between Librarian and Touch Me Part 2.