Started by UsedForYou, Apr 14, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

man, i just love this feeling!

all the anticipation is rad!

or maybe it's the espresso.

nope.

it's the new album!  IT'S A COMIN'!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Andrushka

The anticipation for this release is outta control!! I am so excited and i find myself checking here so often to see if this thing has leaked or a single has been posted.

Bigsky

BH was right about the storm...it's coming

thatswhatshesaid

i think the storm may already be here. like a catagory 2

BH

The rain drops are fallin' on my head!

But the eye of the storm has still not arrived! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

InTheZone

woo hoo the current just played it again via request!!!...i think i got the refrain this time, roughly:

well i know what you want (i know what you want),
well i know what you want (yeah i know what you want),
well i know what you want (i know what you waaaant)
you want the better of two haaalves

it got WAY better on the second hearing, it's definitely a feel-good song IMO.  i'm again really impressed/excited by how clear the vocals are.  there aren't any real extended solos or jams, but there are definitely a couple bridges and drum breaks that could open up into really fun solos in a live performance.

god bless the usa

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

aMD

spoilers.

not a fan of this song!  sounds like the theme song to "that thing you do".  i hope it's not the single.  then again, it'll probably end up being the most popular song they ever record since that's usually the way it goes.

...vacuuman...

"what you waaaahhnntt...!"

that's some pure '60s sock-hop-doo-wop harmony in this song.  it's growing on me...

$240 worth of puddin'

sweatboard

I love this SONG, very diffrent musicaly.  It's the only song so far that my wife just doesn't like.  I think it's confusing for many floks.  Elbow Room....Go Jim.
There's Still Time.........

thebugman

yea not a fan right now of this one either....my buddy said is sounds like america "horse with no name"?? big fan here and no this song does not rock on the recorded version but could be better live? but it is very poppy, slow/med pace, with clear vocals and kinda really cheesy lyrics...thats my humble opinion
four on the floor and four in the air....