city of toronto, canada - eu dance party supreme

Started by EC, Apr 30, 2008, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

dear torontonians, or anybody who wants to come to toronto,

we are having an evil urges dancening party.  yeah sure, you can listen only, but if the show i saw a few weeks ago is any indication, you're probably going to want to DANCE.  

it's going to be on sunday, may 25th at one of my favourite venues - the boat in kensington market.  if you know the pitter patter nights www.pitterpatternights.com - it's that venue, and afterwards it will be the usual sunday "gather round" night, which is always lovely and a graceful and beautiful way to end your week and get ready for a new one.

so come and dance your face and ass off first, and then listen to the soothing music of the hamilton trading company: www.myspace.com/keithhamilton

i think this has to be an all ages event, but if you are are not yet 19, please pm me and i can arrange that maybe we can have an alcohol-free listening/dance party beforehand at the boat (maybe in the late afternoon).

love,
ec

Jaimoe

I may be able to make it out. I work that day, but I believe it's a day shift. I don't dance, but I can groove with the best of them. Well, that's a lie, but I can stand around dancers and feel relatively comfortable.

EC

pretty sure you won't have any control over your body, though... ;)

let's DANCE!  put on your red shoes and DANCE THE BLUES!

Jaimoe

I don't have any red shoes my Bowie quoting friend, but I could be coerced into grooving and bobbing my head a little.

BH

I thought that was an M. Ward song?

(Not really, but it is now, in my world anyway. ;))
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EC

i was quoting it d. bowie style.
m. ward's verz is for slow dancing, or daydreaming about how he's going to marry you or dinners for 2.

you and me on the dancefloor, jaimoe,  RIP IT UPPP!

Jaimoe

Quotei was quoting it d. bowie style.
m. ward's verz is for slow dancing, or daydreaming about how he's going to marry you or dinners for 2.

you and me on the dancefloor, jaimoe,  RIP IT UPPP!

Well, it's hard to turn that invitation down.

TEO

I have only been to Toronto once, but I REALLY liked it alot.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jaimoe

C'mon on down for another visit TEO. The area of town where this party is going down is really cool. So is my proposed "dance partner".

EC

QuoteC'mon on down for another visit TEO. The area of town where this party is going down is really cool. So is my proposed "dance partner".
i think you're cool, too, jaimoe. :)

TEO you should totes come down!!  (or, i guess we're up...)

i just realized (possibly for the first time) that i'm actually going to get to hear this new record VERY SOON!!!  you know how sometimes you don't think about the obvious things?  like, rice krispies are made out of rice.  shepherd is from a person who herds sheep.  listening party = listening.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC