Release Date (why no push-up)

Started by Nikkogino, May 18, 2008, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Just a tidbit that I found interesting....Weezer's release date for their new album was June 24th.  About 2 weeks ago 8 of the 14 tracks leaked...a few days after that, they bumped up the release date to June 3rd.  This was done because a) the album was already basically leaked and b) their single was doing well so why not ride that high?

I wonder why MMJ didn't take a similar approach considering their album leaked way in advance (the whole thing nontheless) and they were just on their highest of highs with SNL.  Striking while the iron is hot would have been a great idea.  Anyone else think so?

Angry Ewok

QuoteStriking while the iron is hot would have been a great idea.  Anyone else think so?

Yeah, I think it should have been bumped up about a month... but I guess it wasn't ready yet. I'm just glad people still get listening parties.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

getinthevan

I actually was thinking this right after SXSW.  I was hoping they would keep doing things to build the buzz but it doesn't really seem like they have.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

1derfulman

Funny...my buddy works for a large record company that will remain nameless (he makes $ promoting some of the worst music around and he knows it). A couple of weeks ago he was in a meeting and they were all chatting about various topics and the talk of moving release dates came up and his boss cited Evil Urges as an example of an album that should move up their release date if possible b/c of SNL, the leak, etc.

Just thought I'd share.  He was pretty pumped that they were talking about MMJ and not Ashley Simpson types...

bluntmaster

I hope they push it back so the waits just a littttle bit long.  I think all the strong hold out people would crack.   haha

travisr

QuoteJust a tidbit that I found interesting....Weezer's release date for their new album was June 24th.  About 2 weeks ago 8 of the 14 tracks leaked...a few days after that, they bumped up the release date to June 3rd.  This was done because a) the album was already basically leaked and b) their single was doing well so why not ride that high?

I wonder why MMJ didn't take a similar approach considering their album leaked way in advance (the whole thing nontheless) and they were just on their highest of highs with SNL.  Striking while the iron is hot would have been a great idea.  Anyone else think so?

NO MMJ DOES NOT...REPEAT DOES NOT NEED TO BUMP THE RELEASE DATE, THEY CAN RELEASE IT WHEN THEY WANT TO RELEASE IT...WHEN THEY SAY ITS FINISHED. NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT RELEASED EARILER. FOR FUCKS SAKE WE'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THIS.

Jon T.

QuoteJust a tidbit that I found interesting....Weezer's release date for their new album was June 24th.  About 2 weeks ago 8 of the 14 tracks leaked...a few days after that, they bumped up the release date to June 3rd.  This was done because a) the album was already basically leaked and b) their single was doing well so why not ride that high?

NO MMJ DOES NOT...REPEAT DOES NOT NEED TO BUMP THE RELEASE DATE, THEY CAN RELEASE IT WHEN THEY WANT TO RELEASE IT...WHEN THEY SAY ITS FINISHED. NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT RELEASED EARILER. FOR FUCKS SAKE WE'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THIS.

In your fucking face you cocksucker motherfucker.

;D

Love Dogg

Plus, Chuck Palahniuk's new novel, "Snuff" came out this week...so that gives us three weeks to read that, and stimulate our creative receptors in another media outlet, so when June 10 comes...we are ready for a MMJ gang bang to our ears.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

bluntmaster

I'm just glad I don't have to be sitting next to most of dudes when they hear it for the first time.  I can handle a little gush from a hot chick.  but fuck man anyone of these 30 to 35 people waiting for the album still is bound to just jizz and gush all over the fucking place.  it's fucking sick but true.  it's going to be fucking crazy.  if you have a friend waiting until june 10th, wear a poncho that day if you guys hang out for their first listen.