St. Louis Listening Party

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, May 14, 2008, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Please send me a PM if you are in the area and interested.  I am trying to see if anyone from the board is coming so I can pick an optimal location.   Otherwise I'll just pick a bar by my house and start hanging posters!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Come on St Louis fans!! Where's the spirit?

the_wizzard

QuoteCome on St Louis fans!! Where's the spirit?
When are you planning the shin-dig?  cuz' me and the husband will be in St. Louis for a wedding the last week & weekend of may......

mjkoehler

When are you planning the shin-dig?  cuz' me and the husband will be in St. Louis for a wedding the last week & weekend of may......
That will be BH's call. That would be awesome if it could be arranged when your here.

BH

Let's do it at the wedding! ;D

Seriously though, that's cool! I will have to try to push for that weekend.  I'm still working on it.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Has anyone else got there packages yet?  It's getting a little late to do any advertising for this weekend so it's definately going to be the 30th, 31st or 1st.   Might just be you and me sitting in a lawn chair by the lake mj.  Is that cool?  Oh, and the wiz could stop by in style in a dress and a limo! ;D

Really though, I guess I'm down to either finding a place/bar for Friday or just have a big throw down bash at my house on Saturday, or maybe a Sunday afternoon bar.  I'm not getting a lot of enthusiasm from my local drinking establishments.  It's strange really.  "Dear bar, I would like to invite a bunch of people to your business to buy stuff from you and have some fun."  Hmmmm, let me think about it.

mjkoehler

I'm up for that. Anything that involves booze and good tunage is ok for me.

I called a place or 2 also around here and nuttin. What the hell man? Business must be so good they can turn people away I guess.

markcel

BH - I still have not received the Listening Party package.  Was getting worried I was the only one.  Can't wait to get my hands on the advanced copy of EU. :D

BH

Holy crap, I'm just now recovering from last night.  Oy Vey!  I decided at the last minute to have a big Memorial Day/Listening Party Bar BQ Extravaganza at my house.  (Don't worry Mike, I still plan on doing something next weekend when you are back in town.)   We listened to the album once while we were outside cooking and playing washers.  Nobody paid too much attention to , but after dinner (and a few more drinks) I put it on inside and turned it up.  I turned out the lights and put my "Fractals for lovers" video on the big screen--> :o

My daughter has a projector for tracing pictures that I used to project the lyrics on the wall from the CD booklet.  It was a little too fuzzy to be effective but kind of cool none the less.

Half my friends (or more) thought I was insane, and they may be right, but by the time the scream from Good Intentions rang out, I think I closed the deal to say the least.

This is right about the time I posted the "hug you people" thread.  I wanted you all to be with me at that very moment.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just set this up again for you next weekend Mike. ;)

the_wizzard

I finally checked our itinerary, and we are pretty booked for our trip to the Lou.  We get in Wednesday night and are meeting some friends in the loop for some drinks (unless there is a listening party somewhere in the city...... 8-)).  then rehearsal dinner shin-dig on Thursday, wedding on Friday, and a day full of in-laws and the such on Saturday.  But if you all do it somewhere public, let me know.  We have friends who are fans, so if the listening party happens when we are gone, we will send some peeps your way!

BH

Doh!  I figured you were going to be pretty busy.  Hope you have a great time in our fine city, I'm sure you will!

Hope you are having fun at your party as I type this!

mjkoehler

QuoteHoly crap, I'm just now recovering from last night.  Oy Vey!  I decided at the last minute to have a big Memorial Day/Listening Party Bar BQ Extravaganza at my house.  (Don't worry Mike, I still plan on doing something next weekend when you are back in town.)   We listened to the album once while we were outside cooking and playing washers.  Nobody paid too much attention to , but after dinner (and a few more drinks) I put it on inside and turned it up.  I turned out the lights and put my "Fractals for lovers" video on the big screen--> :o

My daughter has a projector for tracing pictures that I used to project the lyrics on the wall from the CD booklet.  It was a little too fuzzy to be effective but kind of cool none the less.

Half my friends (or more) thought I was insane, and they may be right, but by the time the scream from Good Intentions rang out, I think I closed the deal to say the least.

This is right about the time I posted the "hug you people" thread.  I wanted you all to be with me at that very moment.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just set this up again for you next weekend Mike. ;)
No worries man. I never begrudge anyone Jacket, tasty grilled meats, and glorious fun.