No SF/Bay Area listening party?

Started by buymycar, May 15, 2008, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

That's disappointing.  If I had known that, I would have tried to email to host one.  Except I really don't have a place to host one.

BuyOrangeRacket

QuoteThat's disappointing.  If I had known that, I would have tried to email to host one.  Except I really don't have a place to host one.

I have a listening party in my car every day, to and from work.  :P

Seriously, this stinks. I'm shocked that there's no MMJ love in the Bay. Anyhoo...count me in if someone organizes something.
Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.

dragonboy

QuoteSeriously, this stinks. I'm shocked that there's no MMJ love in the Bay. Anyhoo...count me in if someone organizes something.
Maybe just nobody applied for one?

& the guys played 3 nights in a row @ the Filmore a couple of years ago so there must be some love for them in the Bay  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

Must be a BAD time for bay areas....no wonder no show in Tampa....BAD Tampa >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

debbie

Bummer!  I'll have one at my house in Concord.  Is it not too late to get a copy?
Touch me I'm going to scream.

ms. yvon

when i was telling people in the greek theatre ticket line about the listening party in la this weekend, one of them said, "oh yeah.  i did that for the last record.  just some friends over to my house."

so.

i guess a few people just do it privately.  there might be someone like that in the bay area.  sorry kids.  that's disappointing.   :(
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

buymycar

I guess I have no right to complain if I didn't even send in an e-mail to try and be one of the lucky hosts.  I just assumed someone from the area would be hosting one.  We all know what happens you assume...

melka

My Morning Jacket-Evil Urges Listening Party
Tuesday May 27, 2008 6:00 pm PDT
My Morning Jacket's new album 'Evil Urges' will be released by ATO Records on Tuesday, June 10th. The album will be available on CD and 10gm Vinyl. Thanks to our friends at ATO we will be playing the album on 5/27/08 at the 12 Galaxies for everyone to enjoy.

To celebrate the release we will be hosting a Happy Hour 6:00-8:00 pm. The CD will play at 7:00 pm. There will be drink specials including all draft beers $3!

See you there,
Melissa Adair, Chris Joseph and 12 Galaxies
Buy Tickets | Add to Calendar | Invite Friends | Set Reminder |