Rolling Stone- 100 Greatest Guitar songs

Started by The_DARK, May 28, 2008, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

bluntmaster

Angry Ewok

QuoteJim James and Johnny Quaid played the swaggering guitars on this Southern-gothic rave-up, with Skynyrd's heft and early Sabbath's slow-motion pace. And Two-Tone Tommy's thumping bass riff proved guitars don't get all the best licks. And when Carl Broemel replaced Quaid in 2004, "Run Thru" got heavier live — like "Free Bird" and "Kashmir" combined.

I'm glad Quaid and Carl were both mentioned.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Killgies

Wow! Rolling Stone showing some love. Usually half their lists consist of how great the Beatles were.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

bluntmaster

QuoteWow! Rolling Stone showing some love. Usually half their lists consist of how great the Beatles were.

haha omgz I can't believe you're dissing the beatles. like whateverz

CTdeadhead

Quotehttp://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/20947527/page/40

Run Thru is at the end of the list!  :D
Amazing, only Rolling Stone can so tactfully make me so proud and have to puke in the same article.  

TheDude

Quotehttp://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/20947527/page/40

Run Thru is at the end of the list!  :D
Amazing, only Rolling Stone can so tactfully make me so proud and have to puke in the same article.  

my thoughts exactly!
First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

MyLifeISought

I was pleased to see it on there as well (although it should've been higher)
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

BuyOrangeRacket

I was going through that list tonight (before coming here) and got to page 40...

"Hm, hmm, hmm...Run Thru? Number 99?! Whoa!"

That is so cool! To be listed among the likes of Van Halen, Skynard and B.B. King is surely something to be proud of, and not to mention, totally out of left field with the list compiled by Rolling Stone.
Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.

primushead

Must a Led Zeppelin and Skynard reference be mentioned in every rolling stone blip about MMJ?   >:(

Killgies

[/quote] haha omgz I can't believe you're dissing the beatles. like whateverz [/quote]

Wasn't try to dis the Beatles.I really like the Beatles!
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

bluntmaster

haha omgz I can't believe you're dissing the beatles. like whateverz [/quote]

Wasn't try to dis the Beatles.I really like the Beatles!
[/quote]

haha I know  :D

BuyOrangeRacket

QuoteMust a Led Zeppelin and Skynard reference be mentioned in every rolling stone blip about MMJ?   >:(

Yes?
Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.