Main Menu

EU B-Sides..

Started by trlrprkjsus, May 31, 2008, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trlrprkjsus

Do you think we'll get any? Also, anybody know where I can find that 4-track recording of "Breathin'" from the Run Thru single?

Angry Ewok

There might be some extras on the vinyl. Perhaps an extra for the iTunes pre-order, too. I don't know what's going to be on the single, but those have extras from time to time.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

hey bro, check your PM box.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

"With the pre-sale order of Evil Urges, you will receive a free download of My Morning Jacket's "Smokin From Shootin" (Live, Acoustic from St. David's Church in Austin, TX). This will only be available until the album is released on June 10th."

I don't believe there will be extras on the vinyl.  They've been cited saying that the vinyl breaks the album into 4 (distinctive) elements.  I believe that the only hope for extras will be on archive.org after they play songs like "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)" live.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

blankpage37

According to Best Buy's current newspaper ad, you get 2 free digital tracks when you preorder Evil Urges from them.  After some digging, though, I've discovered that you just get "Evil Urges" and "I'm Amazed" early.  See here for the online info: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat153400050003

getinthevan

QuoteAccording to Best Buy's current newspaper ad, you get 2 free digital tracks when you preorder Evil Urges from them.  After some digging, though, I've discovered that you just get "Evil Urges" and "I'm Amazed" early.  See here for the online info: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat153400050003

I wondered if those were extra songs or just tracks from the album.  Thanks for answering that for me.

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

capt. scotty

Hmmm...well what about best buy's deal for the first week EU is out??? They often have deals where you get a bonus disc or some kind of throw in

I wanna do that preorder from the site thats offering the pint glass, but Im kind of hesitant bc I have a feeling there will be an extra disc (live songs? b-sides?) or dvd with EU from best buy....

....any way to find if they will have an offer like that before June 8th when they release that weeks ad paper??
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

blankpage37

QuoteHmmm...well what about best buy's deal for the first week EU is out??? They often have deals where you get a bonus disc or some kind of throw in

I wanna do that preorder from the site thats offering the pint glass, but Im kind of hesitant bc I have a feeling there will be an extra disc (live songs? b-sides?) or dvd with EU from best buy....

....any way to find if they will have an offer like that before June 8th when they release that weeks ad paper??

Well, I don't know how to obtain this information, but apparently ads are printed and (somehow) available weeks ahead...I know this through a Smashing Pumpkins message board where someone had pics from the ad of the CD/DVD Best Buy version of their last album 2-3 weeks before it came out.  I just don't know how that person got that ad...Hopefully someone more connected than me will chime in here to help us all out.