What's your favorite song?

Started by Jahmazed, Jun 06, 2008, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biles1234

LAY LOW

such a beautiful song but still a monster with that incredible guitar duel. 6 minutes of musical perfection.

it's been my favorite of MMJ since I heard it several months ago. my favorite song period at the moment.

Bigsky

QuoteSteam Engine.

Unfortunately, having seen MMJ about 8 or 9 times, I haven't caught it live yet.  I'm really hoping to see it at Radio City.  I went to see MMJ open for Pearl Jam once but we got caught in traffic and were late.  As we were running through Hartford to the venue, I remember hearing the last strains of Steam Engine in the distance.  It sucked.

Hartford, CT? Where did they play???

this was two or three years ago at (i think) the Dodge Ampitheatre in Hartford.  they were opening for Pearl Jam, but traffic caused me to miss the full MMJ set.  Pearl Jam, however, rocked.

later that year I drove to camden, nj to see jim solo but a typhoon caused the show to be postponed and i couldn't make it back the next day for the rescheduled show.  that was a bad year for me missing the Jacket.

also, in the way of songs, I Will Be There When You Die alternates with Steam Engine for numero uno.

I used to work there, but it was called The Meadows. I was a loader (unloaded & loaded the artist's gear), I also had full pass to the entire place. The shows I saw were very good, but my favorits were Neal Young and Steely Dan. I would most like loose it if MMJ was there during that time...but it was 7 years ago. :'(

Jahmazed

Thanks all! I"m trying to round up the MMJ forum's completely unofficial first come first serve top 20. I need five more... I'll add one you all don't pick.  Absoulutely incredible playlist so far thanks!  [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Steam Engine
Dondante
Nashville to Kentucky
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream 2
Holy
At Dawn
Lowdown
War Begun (Live)
I Will Be There When You Die
The Way That He Sings
Lay Low
Just Because I Do
Wordless Chorus
Cobra
Hopefully

Prom King

favorite:
i will be there when you die

"AS LONG AS YOU KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE,
I will be there when you die"

close second:
into the woods

"Now open your mouth, here comes the spoon. You're gonna eat what I give ya, and you're gonna like it real good."

other faves:
x-mas curtain
lowdown
hopefully
strangulation!
steam engine
they ran
the bear
nashville to kentucky
old september blues
by my car
i think i'm going to hell
dondante
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

brkndwnbus

I want to say "Where to Begin."
And I'll throw in "Lowdown" "Sooner" and "Strangulation" in rotation for favorite.

AllyDee

as of now

Xmas Curtain
If It Smashes Down
Picture of You
Butch Cassidy
Rollin' Back

capt. scotty

Ill get back to you after im done pulling my hair from listening to roughly 4 hours of MMJ tunes trying to decide...

hmm...about 4 hours until a great night of boxing fights. maybe i will just totally blow off studying for my final monday to try to find out my favorite 5 tunes, 1 is way too hard
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Brother Beck

weeniebeenie

My first favourite was Lay Low, but when I bought the rest of the albums it became a toss up between The Way That He Sings and Xmas Curtain. But my mind is constantly changing. It's hard to pick just one or two.
How loud can silence get?

evilPaauwe

Golden will forever be my favorite song of all time.

if Golden didnt exist (god forbid) then way that he sings would be my fav. jacket track
cheers.

Cobra

"i think i'm going to hell"  ...it still makes my nips hard everytime. :D

Mi Chaqueta

I love Golden..........also like many Bermuda Highway be the stuff.  Also unlike some on here I love Into the Woods.  Great tune.

drewsdad27us

I'd would have to choose between 1 long type song, and one shorter one. I have developed a huge affinity for Shootin'. Steam Engine, though, is my mainstay.
Shorter songs? Dancefloors and....How Could I Know... Although, its an impossible task. There are dozens..... :o