Pitchfork Review...Get Ready for some hate

Started by marino13, Jun 09, 2008, 08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

QuoteAnd Angry, what is the deal with Highly Suspicious? Are these the same people that hated WAWM?

Better than that, I bet its the same people who hated Into The Woods because of the circus-y jingle to it and the absurd lyrics. If they hated Into The Woods, they're gonna despise this record until it finally, inevitably grows on them.

One part of the review that I do agree but I think is overstated pretty grossly is that the high-pitched squeeling voice can get annoying. Only two tracks are done like this, though. Highly Suspicious and Evil Urges.

The second thing I agree with is that the reverb is sorely missed. That was kind of their signature back in the day and I really hate to see that be phased out.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

Hopefully we'll get more posts like this in the future b/c one thing this board is surely missing is objectivity! Old timers like me will pretty much like anything MMJ puts out, but I believe fresh reviews like Pitchfork will allow me to really put some perspective on what the new direction is all about!

Thanks Pitchfork! And thank you all for being such wonderful people!