Next time I'm waiting until I have the record!

Started by Algernon, Jun 11, 2008, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

When I heard all the tunes on Youtube and even the mp3's on the internet I hastily made judgements about the new record. In the months leading up to the release I was worried that the album might be a let down. I don't know why, because every other record has been great. But for whatever reason I wasn't sure. Alas, I went out and bought the record on the day of the release and it was nothing like I expected. It is great. Great songs, great sounds, and well thought out. The way the songs are ordered makes such a difference when you hear it. Sometimes a new tune, by itself and out of context, over the internet, poor sound quality, might sound strange. When I listened to the record from start to finish it made total sense. I wish I would have listened to the folks who where telling people to wait. Next time I will wait and resist temptation to get a sneek preview. Anybody else think the internet leaks were a bad expeience?

Jon T.

Hey Brad.  I've enjoyed it since day 1, but I know what you're saying.  I only like to listen to it when I can hear the whole album.  Not that I don't like these songs individually but I just don't want to listen to TMIGS1 without hearing EU before it.  And i don''t want to listen to Higly Suspicios without hearing TMIGTS before it.  And so on, all the way through the album.  I am definitely an "album person" over "individual songs" but this album even more so.  To the point where I just don't put it on unless I have the time to hear it all.  I'm on about fifty listens now and this albums is just fuckin solid.  That being said, the sound quality when I was able to buy the cd has opened up a whole new dimension to it.  

getinthevan

Honestly, I'm glad I downloaded the leak because I hated half of the album the first couple times I heard it.  Listening to it in advance has allowed me to throughly enjoy my first listen to the actual disc.  Some of those songs I hated at first are now some of my favorites on the album.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place