BLURT Feature on EU

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Jun 11, 2008, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

lazybones

Excellent article.  Let's the band speak mostly for themselves.  Provides great incites straight from the horses mouth about the inspiration for and spirit of this album.  Life post Z, NYC, etc.  

"We went through a lot of stuff after Z, just with me getting sick and being fragged by touring again," James says. "It was a dark time. After it was over, I felt like I got a chance to live some life that really spoke to me, and the songs came out of it."

"There are only two kinds of songs; there's the blues, and there's zip-a-dee-doo-dah."
-Townes Van Zandt

cuppat

Must admit I've struggled with the new album but reading the Blurt article, these two snippets really caught my attention.

-----

"Instead of him standing back and hiding behind the reverb, the vocals are very upfront and very present on this album. And he's more willing to try new things. I'm really proud of him."

"Jim jumped a hurdle in his life, and the proof is in this album. You just hear it — he grew up."

-----

Strange that because I never thought of Jim "hiding" behind the reverb.  

Also "he grew up"-might go to explain why my other half instantly liked the new album. Whereas myself a mere male who has yet to grow up is struggling! This growing up thing - is it difficult?

Geoff.