I figured it out...

Started by Coffee, Jun 16, 2008, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bam_Bam

QuoteTo say this album lacks balls is ridiculous.  You want Balls...write a  funk anthem song like Highly Suspicious.

That's what of my my biggest problems with the album. What is the point of the song? If MMJ was just trying to to write a 'fun' album then I don't see how that is ground breaking material or new....really there isn't that much in terms of sound/arrangements/lyrics that hasn't already been done. I think it's cool that they made a wierd album and did what they wanted to do. I don't think, however, that this album reaches any sort of new heights like Z/At Dawn/It Still Moves. I think the lyrics, production and cohesiveness of those albums make them some of the best albums of the last ten years. But just because you make a funky album doesn't make it ground breaking. But that's ok because I don't think MMJ were trying to be groundbreaking on this album. They made a very straightforward album. It has alot of roots in the past, i'm listening to 'Sec Walkin' right now and it has a wierd mix of old Temptations type stuff and that slide guitar. It's cool what they've done but i don't think they've progressed as much as they did with 'Z'.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]