MMJ needs a Bootleg series....

Started by bold99, Jun 15, 2008, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

like Pearl Jam has...PJ's Roo' set is already available to their fans for download or cd...I'd kill to be able to buy MMJ's set right now.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

corey

I wish this would happen as well.

getinthevan

Yes and no.  Would that mean the end of people being able to tape their shows?  It would guarantee that a show got recorded but it would more than likely cost money and thats just not in my budget right now.  But...  I would be listening to the Bonnaroo set right now...
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

YouAre_GivenToFly

As a collector of PJ bootlegs I figure I'd offer my perspective. PJ has gone about bootlegs many differnt ways since 2000, where it offered all 72 of its shows available for purchase online, and they would mail you the CDs, with 3 or 4 shows from each leg of the tour chosen to be released into stores. This was my favorite approach of theirs. Sure, it took longer to get your show, but the sound was better, and having an actual CD was pretty cool.

Later (2005) they offered MP3 and FLAC downloads, for a price of course, but they are available usually within 3 days of the show. Sometimes the sound isn't great, but if your show isn't one of the first ones of the tour its pretty good. This year they are offering the same as above, but you can also purchase a physical CD of the show as well.

Now fans still do regularly tape their shows, and PJ encourages it. The trading scene is big among PJ fans, so price of the bootlegs is rarely an issue because most traders will burn you the show you want if you just send them the blank CDs and a buck or 2 for shipping. Its a pretty good system.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Patty Diphusa

QuoteAs a collector of PJ bootlegs I figure I'd offer my perspective. PJ has gone about bootlegs many differnt ways since 2000, where it offered all 72 of its shows available for purchase online, and they would mail you the CDs, with 3 or 4 shows from each leg of the tour chosen to be released into stores. This was my favorite approach of theirs. Sure, it took longer to get your show, but the sound was better, and having an actual CD was pretty cool.

Later (2005) they offered MP3 and FLAC downloads, for a price of course, but they are available usually within 3 days of the show. Sometimes the sound isn't great, but if your show isn't one of the first ones of the tour its pretty good. This year they are offering the same as above, but you can also purchase a physical CD of the show as well.

Now fans still do regularly tape their shows, and PJ encourages it. The trading scene is big among PJ fans, so price of the bootlegs is rarely an issue because most traders will burn you the show you want if you just send them the blank CDs and a buck or 2 for shipping. Its a pretty good system.

Yes, this aproach works for PJ and can works for MMJ. It will be great.
Was a pitty that EV didn´t use this in his solo tour, no?

elzar

QuoteAs a collector of PJ bootlegs I figure I'd offer my perspective. PJ has gone about bootlegs many differnt ways since 2000, where it offered all 72 of its shows available for purchase online, and they would mail you the CDs, with 3 or 4 shows from each leg of the tour chosen to be released into stores. This was my favorite approach of theirs. Sure, it took longer to get your show, but the sound was better, and having an actual CD was pretty cool.

Yes, this aproach works for PJ and can works for MMJ. It will be great.
Was a pitty that EV didn´t use this in his solo tour, no?

i dont think it was up to Ed - theres a lot of factors that determined what was not going to be allowed. and also - they wanted to keep everything nice and intimate, and keep everyone focused on the music and show only. Thats why no flashies, cameras, or other stuff to blind the performer or distract other fans. There were still people flashing and flipping phones open, total disrespect. At least Ed didnt bust out a Josh Homme incident and say hes gonna kick a fan in the face.