The Voice of Cap'n Goodies

Started by TheBri-Man, Jun 22, 2008, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBri-Man

So obviously Jim has a mind blowing voice.  I was making a mix, called "The Way That He Sings" and I was going to put the tracks on it that just absolutley show off his pipes.  They don't have to be MMJ studio songs.  For instance, "Goin To Acapulco" and the cover of "Hot Burrito #1" are sure to go on there.  But, I wanted to get your guys' opinion.  What are your favorite tracks/recordings that show off Jim's voice?

j_rud

Gideon, At Dawn, Run Thru, Hopefully, Dondante
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

tomEisenbraun

The Parking Garage version of "I Think I'm Going to Hell"
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mjkoehler

The 3 song solo acoustic set he did for Rolling Stone.

getinthevan

Okonokos version of Gideon.  I didn't really like that song until I heard the live version.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

loadedquestion

I Needed it Most and Wordless Chorus

ycartrob

Tony Two Tone

Don't forget Steam Engine.....high falsettos and powerful vocals

This guy IMO has surpassed Brandon Boyd & Maynard Keenan in terms of POWER

Love Dogg

QuoteSo obviously Jim has a mind blowing voice.  I was making a mix, called "The Way That He Sings" and I was going to put the tracks on it that just absolutley show off his pipes....What are your favorite tracks/recordings that show off Jim's voice?

I'm telling you guys...on "Two Halves," in the third chorus, he holds the word 'halves' for sixteen (16) seconds!  Un-fucking-believable.  Untouchable.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

The DARK

The Bear
At Dawn
I Needed It Most
Lead Me Farther (demo)
One In The Same
Wordless Chorus
Gideon
How Could I Know
Where to Begin
Careless Whisper (NYE 2006)
Highly Suspicious