Main Menu

free bird

Started by blablub, Jun 25, 2008, 07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodvibrations

hi everyone, i'm new here with a little problem and hope you guys can help me.

my girlfriend and me just looked the movie elizabethtown, we love this movie, specially the part where the band play lynyrd skynyrd's free bird towards end of the movie. we really really love this song. so we looked through all the albums from MMJ and the OSTs of the movie, but, we just can't finde the song! i googled a lot but can only find the original version, but not the version the played in the movie.

so, can someone tell me where can i find this version of the song? album? soundtrack cds? i'll really be grateful for any answers.

Angry Ewok

It is said that a Freebird single was released as a promotional tool for the movie, which included two tracks - Freebird and Same In Any Language... There's even an image of the cover, suggesting it was released under the alias RUCKUS, as they are known in the movie.

I have never seen this promo in person or even on the secondary, and I don't know a soul who has it. Frankly, I don't think it exists.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

goodvibrations

mh.. i can't find it too, anyone else any ideas?

BH

If anyone on this board knows about it, they have never mentioned it.  I will bet the band never let it get out.  They didn't want that association.  Not that they have anything agains LS but everyone used to always call MMJ southern rock, which as we all know is a stretch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

shockadow

Maybe 5 years ago that would have been a concern for the band, but they've progressed so far from then that a lil' southern association woulldn't be the albatross it would have been, then.
I kinda hate Freebird, though.  It's in the same catagory as Hotel California or In the Air Tonite.  
Played out.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

D. Sinclair

shockadow

As a matter of fact, In the Air Tonite is my most hated song in the history of music.  I hate it more than Celine Dion and Gloria Estefan.  I want to punch people when it comes on.  
Once, on vacation and tequila/xanax, I pulled my junk out in front of all of my family when a raucous family sing-a-long broke out at a condo in St. George Island and they wouldn't quit.  Yup, mom, sister, aunts/uncles, cousins, all of em'  
Shame.
Fuck that song, I'll take "Illegal Alien", please.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.