So, Tyrone from 'Roo 08....

Started by AllyDee, Jun 25, 2008, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllyDee

....let's talk about how amazing this is....

laylow82

have you heard the xm version of it?

AllyDee

Quotehave you heard the xm version of it?

yup

jrat

Yeah Tyrone was fucking awesome. As soon as it started i looked at my two buddies, avid MMJ fans but not wholly in the know, and informed them that they were about to see a very rare song indeed.

I love the guitar work, and the backup singing from Carl and friends was very Badu-like. One of the Roo highlights for me!

PS this song should get a little more rotation aswell as the funk tunes. Ive never attended a dance party at 2AM in the rain before  :D
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

DavidCrosby

.....there is a version on "The Early Recordings 2" that is pretty good, but I like the Bonnaroo version better.....
listen to vinyl

Love Dogg

Quote.....there is a version on "The Early Recordings 2" that is pretty good, but I like the Bonnaroo version better.....

The Bonnaroo version had more/different lyrics in the second verse, if I remember correctly.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

AllyDee

the backing vocal bits on the Roo version push it WAY ahead of the actual one they recorded

Killgies

The video they have on Youtube from the Roo is even badass. I can only dream of how good of a live performance that it was.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

RoughGod

I like the old version from Austin waaaaaaaaaay better
Demon Eyes Are Watching