Should they have made Evil Urges two discs?

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Jun 28, 2008, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

edited: i forgot I made this thread I fixed the super stupid parts me thinks.

should they have a double disc album?  

I love songs like wonderful the way I feel and these slower ballad and folk tunes, they have just as much of that as the rock and funkunclage.  it'd be awesome if one day they release the other songs, they're great musicians I'm sure the lyrics and stuff couldn't be that trite.  fuck neil young just said all his songs are the same and nobody gave a shit. haha.  "when the record company told me to make a rock n roll record I'd say okay, but what do they know about what I think rock n roll is, to me it's elvis..." (that's close but not perfect),  just like fuck it man I'll interpret and play what inspires me and if you're going try to make something YOU want me to make I'm still going to make it what I want and shove it down your throat haha.  neil young is my favorite ever.   babbler.  with more songs and a little more time could MMJ have pulled off a White Albumesk Feel with evil urges if it was two discs? spreading out the flow of different feels a little more, it's a long record but does honestly feel like if it was even longer it'd be better.

what if they would have done a two disc 10-12 on one 10-12 on the other.  do you think a little more space for this particular experiment of theirs could have been more cohesive in a sense?

just a hypothetical I could listen to them rip huge farts to drums and I'd be entertained

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

think about it for a second, hear me out on this little turd of an idea.  definitely disagree with me if you want.  the other route I should mention that would be cool is how radiohead released the 6-8 bonus tracks after they leaked in rainbows then held those extra songs until the physical copy was released, pretty genius.  

who knows,  I want them to make millions of songs. maybe even billions.

Oz

I'm gonna wait a while til you sober up, and then answer:

Well, yeah, that would probably have been a good idea. It's a little too scattered now and I'm really curious anyhow about those alleged 8 or 10 (?) songs they left off, including that "fucking opening track".

It's a weird and controversial album that I think would make more sense if we could hear what they left off, the choices they made, the bigger picture in wich these songs fit. Within those 20 or something songs they started with, I bet there's an album that all the haters would have loved. Wich doesn't mean they should have made that album, but it's a confusing album that could use a bit more context like that.
I'm ready when you are

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI'm gonna wait a while til you sober up, and then answer:

Well, yeah, that would probably have been a good idea. It's a little too scattered now and I'm really curious anyhow about those alleged 8 or 10 (?) songs they left off, including that "fucking opening track".

It's a weird and controversial album that I think would make more sense if we could hear what they left off, the choices they made, the bigger picture in wich these songs fit. Within those 20 or something songs they starte.d with, I bet there's an album that all the haters would have loved. Wich doesn't mean they should have made that album, but it's a confusing album that could use a bit more context like that.

yeah, I listened to it again to day and I was think if there was another disc even like physical graffit or melon collie and the infinite sadness maybe the mood would be more obvious.  I guess really I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about since I haven't heard the other tunes.  they definitely seem capable of the ultra challenging GOOD double album.