Thoughts on the lyrics

Started by purvis9876, Jul 04, 2008, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purvis9876

The new album = the shit. Highly Suspicious brings a new type of Z to the table while songs like Sec Walking remind me of Tennessee Fire. I'm slightly torn on the lyrics, though. Of course, any line can be read differently by two people, but there seems to be a good deal of underlying(and outward) lines about God, the lord, etc... Just curious as to what you guys on here think about it. But, like I said, I love the new album either way and haven't had much else in the cd player or i pod since I got it.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

ycartrob

I don't think any more about it than something like

but that's when my knife rises, their life ends and my life starts again!

or

stangulation, I don't want to feel a thing; When your hands close tight around my neck, and force the air that I breathe.

all just lines from songs

The DARK

This album is great for it's ambiguity. You can listen to it and take it however you like. It could be about God or a lover, it could sound traditional or hypermodern, it could be centered around the formation of a relationship or the end of one, it could seem like a step back or a breakthrough, it could be fragmented or cohesive. it could be loved or hated by fans. But it's all one album that bridges the gap.

Oh yeah. This album grows on you like kudzu.
In another time, in another place, in another face

D. Sinclair

Crikey, I'm having deja vu!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I think jim should keep writing lyrics because he's good at writing songs.  I like listening to his songs and lyrics.  they are always good.  it's hard for me to not like his lyrics because they are great and awesome and ultra-interstellar-black hole revert to white hole-worm hole warped by space and time-into a direct connection to my brain.  for some reason his voice seems like it's been here(in my head) forever.  and sometimes, oh well never mind I don't want to get too graphic.

Dorothy_Mantooth

funny, i'm having deja snooze lololol jk. i'm into it
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Prom King

QuoteCrikey, I'm having deja vu!

you said it.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

DaFunkyPrecedent

His lyrics are honest and pure.  They scream Jim James and I love them for that.  One of the reasons I couldn't REALLY get into The Dead was because their lyrics didn't embody the singer - they were just lyrics that held no real meaning or personality.  Don't get me wrong, i love the dead's music, but the lyrics always missed just the last little something - that personal touch you hear in Neil Young, Dylan, Pearl Jam, Tool, Stevie Wonder etc...

I said it before - one of the reason's I love MMJ is not only because their music kicks ass, but because I love Jim James.  I feel like I kinda know him because of his lyrics. To say the least, this album is full of personality.
God damn those shaky knees.

Angry Ewok

ZzzzZZZZzz.zzz...z..zz..z...... *snort* Zz.zz....z...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteZzzzZZZZzz.zzz...z..zz..z...... *snort* Zz.zz....z...

time for another invention again guys ewoks crushing up his promos of Z and snorting them again thinking he'll get high.