MMJ intro = Beck intro

Started by shockadow, Jul 06, 2008, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shockadow

Anyone else get to hear the new Beck album, yet.  

The 1st 10 seconds really remind me of the beginning of Z.  ALOT!!!  Well, actually the first 2-4 notes but it's uncanny!!!

Thoughts???
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

tomEisenbraun

I'll let you know what I think when it comes out Tuesday?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

blueskyink

I've only listened to it once.  I am waiting til the vinyl release and then I will get around to really getting into it.  I enjoyed what I heard so I figured I would support him.  I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

shockadow

Just the 1st 4 notes.  
It's a fuzzy bassline.  
You'll know it When you hear it...!  My wife even noticed it and she's not quite as fanatical as I am...

As for the leak...
I couldn't wait through the long weekend.  I needed it for the drive to the mountains.  I guess you guys prolly knew i'd have the advanced copy, though,.  
Huh, Tom?
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

tomEisenbraun

haha, sorta figured ;)

no shit here, just some good-natured goading :)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

DaFunkyPrecedent

mmmm beck.  One of the musicians that "matter".
God damn those shaky knees.

blueskyink

I heard this last night (twice actually) while I was at the local indoor bouldering facility.  It does have a similar sound, a little too fast but I can hear what your talking about.

So what do you think about the record itself?

I think its pretty good, his last two albums were bashed pretty hard by a lot of people, I enjoyed Guero and The Information (this one a little more) but both of them felt overly long.  I was glad to see he paired down the length.  Like I said I heard it twice last night and I was climbing for a little over an hour.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

Dorothy_Mantooth

beck is a scientologist. neat
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

shockadow

Orphans was written with Chan Marshall from Catpower.  
We went to high school together.  I kssed her on the beach during Spring Break in Panama City, Fl. in 1989.  
I'm cool.