Jim's Acoustic Guitar

Started by cmccubbin25, Nov 27, 2005, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

i don't know. high action is easily fixed. truss rod adjustment and taking the saddle down a bit. half hour job at the most.

your fingers hurting were definitely a result of the action. good possibilty that the boxy sound was too.

go ahead and orde it, but you will more than likely need a setup
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TomBarton

Quotehaha, no knocks received. i actually don't care much for the smaller bodied Taylors. My favorite is the one i own, and it's cheap and it's got my own tone after playin it for long enough. i hate the fact that they love elixer's, and i understand the rubber bands bit. i think i'd only get a full dreadnought if i ever got one. That said, I really love the Sigma's (which is owned by Gibson, but cost way too much) and a lot of the Gibson acoustics i've played. They're just frickin expensive. I may have to try out those Epi's because I haven't really played em ever.

Taylor's are good with the new expression system and are excellent if you're a finger-picker. But they don't get a good strum out of em unless you get one without much laquer to it. The way i see it, the less finish the better. Hell, Willie Nelson is living proof on that one.

i dig what you're saying regarding the fingerpick vs. pluck, and elixers in general with taylor's. the gibson's are very expensive...  i think used is the only way i'll come across one. in the mean time, epi's will function for tone and looks.