A Golden Wedding?

Started by manicminer, May 12, 2008, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I will probably not be able to attend the wedding, sorry. But yeah, check out Acoustic Citsuoca, also check out Okonokos and the bonus disc (moreso the bonus disc, I think that may have a promising track or two).

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

manicminer

Wow, this topic is old - but I thought I'd dig it up from page 14 :)

Well, we sealed the deal back in June, only just getting round to this now. Evil Urges was released the day we got married, how's about that for competition for attention huh? Hehe.
We eventually ran with Golden as first song, and it was amazing.
Now that we have "Thank You Too" and "I'm Amazed" - I must admit they would also have been perfect.  In fact, I almost shed a tear while listening to "I'm Amazed" recently.

I'm gonna go listen to it right now in fact ... oh and bonus, MMJ just announced a gig in Dublin. Wewt.

Oh and thanks again for all the suggestions :)

Love Dogg

QuoteWow, this topic is old - but I thought I'd dig it up from page 14 :)

Well, we sealed the deal back in June, only just getting round to this now. Evil Urges was released the day we got married, how's about that for competition for attention huh? Hehe.
We eventually ran with Golden as first song, and it was amazing.
Now that we have "Thank You Too" and "I'm Amazed" - I must admit they would also have been perfect.  In fact, I almost shed a tear while listening to "I'm Amazed" recently.

I'm gonna go listen to it right now in fact ... oh and bonus, MMJ just announced a gig in Dublin. Wewt.

Oh and thanks again for all the suggestions :)

Congratulations!  There is definitely a glow about you.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

seanbmf

Hello everyone.  I am getting married next month and was able to convince everyone that I should pick the music for cocktail hour.  I was wondering if anyone had a quality recording of Come Closer that I could add to the list.  I have the Jim James Top Hits version from the 3 cd set that someone was nice enough to create on here.

Also this is what I have so far and would like some feedback.

A kiss to build a dream on    Louis Armstrong
Your Nobody til somebody loves you    Dean Martin
Thank you too                       Jim James
Trouble                                Ray LaMontagne
Learning How to Love You      John Hiatt
Having a Party                      Sam Cooke
Crazy little thing called love    Queen
(What a)  Wonderful world      Sam Cooke
A Wink and A Smile               Harry Connick Jr
Golden AC version                My Morning Jacket
Moondance                           Van Morrison
For Once in my life                Michael I can't believe I made the list Buble
Be here to love me                Norah Jones
The Man in Me                        Bob Dylan
What a wonderful world         Louis Armstrong

Thanks,
Sean
5/20/06 11/13/06 12/4/06 8/24/08 9/6/08 10/3/09MoF  10/18/10

Angry Ewok

We Have All The Time In The World by Louis Armstrong... FOR THE WIN.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

j_rud

QuoteHello everyone.  I am getting married next month and was able to convince everyone that I should pick the music for cocktail hour.  I was wondering if anyone had a quality recording of Come Closer that I could add to the list.  I have the Jim James Top Hits version from the 3 cd set that someone was nice enough to create on here.

For Once in my life                Michael I can't believe I made the list Buble

Thanks,
Sean
Cool list. I did the same thing for my wedding. I wont post the whole "setlist", but we have some similarities (The Man in Me [You a Lebowski fan, too?] and Van Morrison, although we played Beside You). We had 2 MMJ songs as well, The Way That He Sings and Phone Went West. I also had my cousins play Harvest Moon for the wedding party dance. Good times. Whatever you decide on I strongly suggest playing your own music. It'll make it seem like "your day" that much more.  
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Love Dogg

Quote I was wondering if anyone had a quality recording of Come Closer that I could add to the list.  

I think it would be a good investment to go ahead and purchase the Split EP with the studio version of Come Closer.  You can probably find it at your local record store (not Best Buy) for @ $7-$8.

Welcome to the board.  Good luck.  I always wanted Trouble to be played at my wedding.  We'll see.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

megalicious

welcome to the forum! nice mix, man. my suggestions would be to add mmj's "sweetheart" from the chocolate and ice ep. other faves for a wedding:

baby, you got it/ brenton wood
too late to turn back now/ cornelius bros. and sister rose
god only knows/ beach boys
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

metfan630

Think the Okonoskos version of Golden would work great.

While its a long song, getting a band to play a shortened down version of "I will sing you songs" might really kick ass.  

really like the list posted above, some great stuff in there...

seanbmf

Thanks all for the recommendations and compliments.  The Louis Armstrong song is not on iTunes, but I was able to listen to it.  Great song.  And I am a Lebowski fan, how can you not be.  

Flying to Austin tomorrow for the show, and can't wait.  4th time seeing them.  Then going to the Boston show as well.

5/20/06 11/13/06 12/4/06 8/24/08 9/6/08 10/3/09MoF  10/18/10

bigeazyfish

My wife and I were married in June and also used Golden. I put it in a slideshow of photos which was a prelude to the ceremony. I used the album version but if you are dancing you might like the acoustic version better

slimkim

QuoteHello everyone.  I am getting married next month and was able to convince everyone that I should pick the music for cocktail hour.  I was wondering if anyone had a quality recording of Come Closer that I could add to the list.  I have the Jim James Top Hits version from the 3 cd set that someone was nice enough to create on here.

Thanks,
Sean

hey sean...

i saw the van morrison song while it's good. a beauty of his is I'll be your lover, too. just a great song.

here it is from the movie Proof of Life..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBQq8bGdo8

another great song is Get Me from Everything but the Girl.

Don't I Hold You by Wheat. it was in the movie Elizabethtown

Something by the Beatles

Hopefully - mmj

so many more but i will stop.. good luck...

slim i am
there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...