Main Menu

Remnants

Started by talleshortz, Aug 23, 2008, 07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Perhaps I'm mistaken but from a glance at the setlists and the shows I've downloaded, Remnants seems to be the least played of all the EU shows so far.  I've read in some of the other threads that it has been crossed off of setlists for one reason or another (i.e. time constraints) but was wondering if there were some other reasons such as not getting the proper live sound or finding balance in type of material played live.

Any thoughts?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

dickiecrickets

I think it is the hardest "urges" song to recreate live.  I'm not sure why.  But the production on the album has the music sort of swirling around his voice. And it makes his vocals sound like he never has.  They are slightly in the background, where as live the vocals are up front and it changes it slightly.  It's not bad by any means.  Just not as natural maybe.      Maybe.

Listen to a bootleg of it on archive.org (# 14)
http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-08-15.mk4v.flac16

Personally I love the song and was a small part sad to see it cut from the Omaha setlist.

Ruckus

QuoteI think it is the hardest "urges" song to recreate live.  I'm not sure why.  But the production on the album has the music sort of swirling around his voice. And it makes his vocals sound like he never has.  They are slightly in the background, where as live the vocals are up front and it changes it slightly.  It's not bad by any means.  Just not as natural maybe.      Maybe.

Listen to a bootleg of it on archive.org (# 14)
http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-08-15.mk4v.flac16

Personally I love the song and was a small part sad to see it cut from the Omaha setlist.

Right on man, point taken and thx for the input.  Psyched to see them in DC and hoping they play it.  Was just checkin out the Le Nationale version of it was def stripped short.  Dare I say that the chorus "Eddie Vedder esque (growl) is definitely missing.  Regardless, it rocked!  As I do all there tunes, I dig each tune on their new album.   Having said that, it's one tune I'd like to see live as it is the only one I haven't!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head