a little help with lyrics?

Started by amberdowd, Aug 23, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brella

Hello there!  I'm head over heels for Smokin' from Shootin'.  Man, what an incredible song, live or on the album.  So amazingly big and encompassing.  I have searched the various lyrics websites available, and they seem to leave out the final verse and the lyrics at the very end.  I have almost successfully blown out my speakers in my car from listening to MMJ, so I am having a hard time making out the exact lyrics towards the end.  Can anyone please lend a hand?  I'm talking about the "Who makes my decisions...who reads all your thoughts..." part until the very end.

any help would be much appreciated!   :-*

easy way

'who makes my decisions? who reads all your thoughts?
what makes us how we are?
faith can't prove what science won't resolve.
kumbaya my lord, c'mon row your boat ashore..
the river's long. it is cold. it chills the body but not the soul.

do you see my smokin' guns?
they're smokin' from shootin'. smokin' from shootin'
smokin' from shootin at nothing dear...
do you live your life on the run?
losing out on lovin...
asking for nothing...
running from something that isn't there.

distance-coming or going? c'mon.
what are you waiting for?
distance-growing or closing in on?
anyway?'

***these lyrics are posted in my CD insert, so I hope this is what you're looking for.
:)

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Brella

oh, thank you SO much!  I got the album off of iTunes, so no CD insert for me.   :-[  thank you very, very much!  I love that song!!!

easy way

yes ma'am...welcome home!
:)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

LU

did you get a digital book with your itunes EU? full lyrics included!

ycartrob

easy way