Letterman Jan. 3rd!

Started by LaurieBlue, Nov 25, 2005, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

Just saw this on the Fuse website!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fuse.tv/content/specials/index.php?id=329

Free My Morning Jacket download!

Check out all of our Thanksgiving Extravaganza downloads here!

The band will be on Letterman, January 2nd. After that, the band will be on tour in Europe from January until late February/March.

See them New Year's Eve! They're playing Madison Square Garden in NYC on December 31st.

Download their song "Off The Record" right here!

Download My Morning Jacket buddy icons.

For more information about My Morning Jacket, visit the band's official website.

corey

Fantastic!
I think it's very neat that they played 2 different songs on the last 2 TV appearances. I hate seeing a band play the same song every time they are on a late night show. Yeah, I know that they are usually there to promote a single, so that's what they have to do. But it's great to see MMJ be able to play something different since they are promoting the album, essentially, because there really isn't one song that's been a "single".
Sure, "off the record" has a "single", but "wordless chorus" and other things have been on the radio as well.

It'd be great to see them do "wordless chorus" on the show and see Jim let loose!

ycartrob

Here, Here!

3 cheers for playing Wordless on Letterman.

Good call.

djdjd

Dec. 31 - MSG with crowes

Jan. 1 - NYC CLUB SHOW???? (please.)

Jan. 2 - Letterman

dragonboy

Is Letterman the most watched of all the late night chat shows?
Who is the biggest? Letterman, Leno or Conan?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ycartrob

QuoteIs Letterman the most watched of all the late night chat shows?
Who is the biggest? Letterman, Leno or Conan?

Leno

tinyorangepig

while leno may get the better ratings, letterman definitely has better musical taste (of leno and letterman, conan probably has the best guest).

dave truly listens to some of the music that is on the show.  when he was coming back from sugery, the first band that he wanted was the foo fighters.

recently, ryan adams was on letterman and dave was truly appreciative of ryan playing "come pick me up" which seemed like a request as ryan had a new record out (and the elizabethtown soundtrack), but he played the old classic kickass song versus something on the new one.

post thanksgiving day rambling.

t.o.p

p.s. i am very jealous of that Louisville setlist.  very

ycartrob

Quotewhile leno may get the better ratings, letterman definitely has better musical taste (of leno and letterman, conan probably has the best guest).

dave truly listens to some of the music that is on the show.  when he was coming back from sugery, the first band that he wanted was the foo fighters.

recently, ryan adams was on letterman and dave was truly appreciative of ryan playing "come pick me up" which seemed like a request as ryan had a new record out (and the elizabethtown soundtrack), but he played the old classic kickass song versus something on the new one.

post thanksgiving day rambling.

t.o.p

p.s. i am very jealous of that Louisville setlist.  very

agree.

It was 2 years ago that Letterman dedicated a whole show to Warren Zevon, when Zevon announced he had terminal cancer and about a year to live. Zevon played Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner, Dave's favorite Zevon song. Prettty moving.

nkdgunner

This is a little off topic, but saw in a local magazine here in Chicago (Time Out Chicago) that The White Stripes are going to be on The Daily Show this thursday, which will be the first time they have ever had a musical guest.
Of course, the second should be our pals, MMJ.
Hope everyone is enjoying their extended weekend and giving thanks for family, friends, life, and a kick-ass quintet from Louisville.

Dee.

You too, nkdgunner.  

This is great news.  I'm making a mental note.  I think I like Letterman the best of the late night shows.  You're right, t.o,p., he does seem appreciative of the music.  Sometimes I wish he would save a little time to talk to the musical guests.

CC

for everyone making notes:

they'll be on Letterman on Jan 3rd (not 2nd)

Easy Morning Rebel

Cool... Must watch that! ;D
Thanks for the information!
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

primushead

Speaking of Letterman, I saw an episode a couple weeks ago when he had Hillary Duff on.  Is it just me, or does her voice make you want to jam knives in your ears?

ycartrob

QuoteSpeaking of Letterman, I saw an episode a couple weeks ago when he had Hillary Duff on.  Is it just me, or does her voice make you want to jam knives in your ears?

maybe jam knives in her ears...

primushead

maybe jam knives in her ears...

Haha.  Well...either/or. :P

wellfleet

this is seriously delving into off-topic territory, but as a sort-of-stepmom to a 12 year old girl, better miss duff than someone half naked singing about getting off. not that there's anything wrong with being naked or that other thing, but, you know, not if you're still a tween... had the shock of my life hearing this little 9 year old singing "i'm a slave 4 u". GROSS!
letterman has had some cool bands on, it's where i first saw the raveonettes and fell in love. i bet letterman will love the hell out of the jacket.
everything sucks. really.

primushead

Quotethis is seriously delving into off-topic territory, but as a sort-of-stepmom to a 12 year old girl, better miss duff than someone half naked singing about getting off.  

I wasn't dissing her musical side (although, I'm not very partial to it) just her regular talking voice.  It's...too high pitched. :P

Clarkwork

I love that they are going on Letterman.  Dave has great taste in music.  

Does anyone remember when he was trying to get Pearl Jam to come on, and he would sing the line from the song "black" over and over every night and then one night he started singing it and Eddie Vedder walked out to finish singing the line for him, then just walked out.  That was so amazing and it totally surprised Dave.  He was yelling for him to come back but Eddie just left.  Very cool moment on that show.  Now PJ is a regular music guest when they have a new album.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Dee.

Aw, I wish I could say I remembered that.  I should ask my brother if he does.  :)