I have It Still Moves and Z... what next

Started by mike d, Nov 25, 2005, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike d

A_delle

It Still Moves, I like Acoustic Citsouca, then if yer feelin adventurous, get the 2 disc set of Chapter 1 (learning) and Chapter 2 (the sandworm cometh). They are b-sides and early recordings, some of  'interesting' auditory quality, others just fun and experimental stuff.  We just got Tennessee Fire, and there are some great staples on that one too.

Sit back, (light 'em if you got 'em) and ENJOY!
A_delle
-i got a fever,
and the only prescription
is more cowbell!

ba

at dawn, for sure.  it's a little easier to listen to then the tennessee fire and bside cd's.  bermuda hwy, xmas curtain, at dawn, and hopefully are fantastic songs that anybody can get in to.  

ChiefOKONO

dragonboy

At Dawn & Acoustic Citsouca.
Christmas is coming so the Xmas Fiasco is a good one too if you've got the cash  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

hard helmet

billybluebeard

I'm gonna have to break away from the pack and say... AT DAWN!!!      ;D   That  cd almost grew roots in my player when it came out.  Six months of goin' to sleep and wakin' up with it every day, and it never got old.  Then, for a stripped down feel, try At Dawn Demos... just switch back and forth 'tween the two, and you'll never need anything else.  
Why's it surreal when my hands feel they cant roll the jay?

thebear0284

At Dawn is one of the best albums of the last 10 years, and the bands most clear and concise (even at over 70 minutes) statement of intent and purpose. It reflects the undercurrent of emphasis on human emotion and expression that you will find in all My Morning Jacket's albums, but everything flows so nicely on At Dawn that it's really my favorite one. Especially the transition from Lowdown into The Way That He Sings, its a one-two punch that has rarely been matched in contemporay music.

ali

at dawn definately - i bought tennessee fire & at dawn over the weekend, tf is good, but at dawn is way better. some great songs on there!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

blue

At Dawn is a beautiful album but The Tennessee Fire will remain my favorite MMJ album. Evelyn Is Not Real & Nashville to Kentucky were the first couple of their songs I had heard so I'm sure that has a whole lot to do with it. So my answer is The Tennessee Fire because it's real nice & I still get chills when listening to it.
where country girls settle down & city girls get around.

Clarkwork

At Dawn, and be prepared to listen to it over and over and over.  It gets better each time I hear it.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ophelia

You must get At Dawn! I don't think I could live without it!

dwight

At Dawn ...simply.....is a masterpiece.

It changed my life

The rest of their records are great, but this one is equisite!

dru

the best official release they have ever put out is the live bonnaroo 2004 show:

get it here:

http://www.livebonnaroo.com/frameset.asp?downloads

Rik

I love all their stuff and I have all their stuff, but if you want something special the Choclate and Ice ep is great too!