Aluminum Park....Whaaaaa!

Started by hatfielder, Aug 29, 2008, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Dante

Can we talk for a minute about how good this song is?  I know there have been a couple posts to this point, but I still don't think it receives nearly the credit it deserves.  I've read the notions about how MMJ could write this in their sleep or Jim can toss these kind of songs off like nothin'.  But shouldn't we also celebrate that?  I mean, who else can write these amazing basically pop melodies that also rock socks off?!  

And this song live is INTENSE.  Really got me hoppin' in Atlanta Wed night, and it sure as hell set off Louisville (see emergence of serious glowsticks).  

And the screams, oh the screams in this one....WHAAAA!!!
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

BH

The very first time I heard this back when they did the Austin broadcast before the album came out, I thought it was kind of plain jane boring.  But now I love it.  And yes, after hearing it live in KC, I love it even more.  I wish I knew what it was about.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

QuoteThe very first time I heard this back when they did the Austin broadcast before the album came out,   

I've loved it since then.  I realize it was "simple" for My Morning Jacket, but damn, sometimes you don't need a mind fuck, all you need is a good rocker that isn't too complicated.  It's catchy, but not in a Nickelback kind of way.  It meets the requirements for those of us who share the guilty pleasures of a good Skynyrd or Seger song.

I feel like there are two kinds of people in this world; those who like Aluminum Park and those who like Remnants.  Nothing is wrong with either of them, but if I had to choose, I'm sticking with Aluminum Park.  ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Crispy

Yeah - I friggin love this tune. It rocks the way you want it to when you're jumping around in your living room, then you stop and scream, then go back to rockin.
BTW, I think the bit at the end goes, "Sic balls, get the fuck out!" - a little Stand By Me reference.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

BTW, I think the bit at the end goes, "Sic balls, get the fuck out!" - a little Stand By Me reference.

Nice catch!   I think you are on to something!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DavidCrosby

...I love that song, for a while yesterday I was singing the wrong lyrics to some song in my head and I couldn't figure it out, I just kept singing "got no lack of frustration, got no lack of disease", and I was like where the fuck am I getting this from, DER it was Aluminum Park.....

listen to vinyl

weeniebeenie

It's a very good summer song.
How loud can silence get?

Clarkwork

I appreciate this song a lot more after hearing it live.  It was the one song that I walked away from the show still singing.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....