MMJ reference in movies

Started by youngvedder, Sep 02, 2008, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngvedder

long shot, but its funny that we picked it up...

but, in Pineapple express when Seth meets his dealer for the first time, did anyone catch the music that was playing???

At least for the shows I've heard of late, its MMJ's intro music.

any others out there?

cheers,

yv

notdarkyet

what is MMJ's current intro music?

-justin

DavidCrosby

....to be honest that is the only part of that movie I remember...I wonder if any of them have been to a show and heard it lately...
listen to vinyl

bully

the dajarling limited movie uses a jacket song (covered by another band) several times throughout that flick.

sincerely, my morning wood.

EAZYE

Quotethe dajarling limited movie uses a jacket song (covered by another band) several times throughout that flick.

i saw that movie but didn't really remember any mmj.  do you remember what song was covered bully?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

alexzbik

yeah i don't remember any MMJ song in Darjeeing Limited.

and the band's current intro song (that was in pineapple express) is Bird's Lament by Moondog.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

ManNamedTruth

I didn't hear that in The Darjeeling Limited either.
There are two MMJ songs in The Lookout, OBH and if I remember correctly Lay Low.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

megalicious

Quotethe dajarling limited movie uses a jacket song (covered by another band) several times throughout that flick.

I don't think MMJ has covered that song. It's one of the songs they play before the shows, but as far as I know... no Jacket coverage:

The one I thing you're referring to is:
"Title Music" (Shankar Jaikishan)
From Merchant Ivory's Bombay Talkie
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

DavidCrosby

...yeah, thats not a Jacket song, just what they play before the shows...
listen to vinyl

maisie

the zoey deschanel/will farrell movie Winter Passing has a scene where old september blues is playing on the jukebox.  pretty cool
[url="//www.myspace.com/elegantfires"]www.myspace.com/elegantfires[/url]

bully

jacket fans are teh smart!

looks like i mistakenly thought this guys OWN cover of at dawn, with the dajarling limited movie playing - basically his homemade tribute to both the band and the movie, was actually in the real deal.

still cool.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29157653
sincerely, my morning wood.