Possible inspiration for  librarian in "Librarian"

Started by cantrell-r, Sep 11, 2008, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantrell-r

Has anyone seen Tomcats, with Jerry O'Connell-Romijn?  I think the librarian in Jim's song might be like the librarian that Jerry's character tries to hook up with in that movie.  Any thoughts?

Salacious D

Possibly, but I think the librarian in the song is more of a figurative character. I've heard Jim say that he finds something alluring about women who don't--and I love this phrase--broadcast their sexuality.

There's this image of librarians--or at least--the "sexy librarian" that society tends to gravitate to--an understated figure of beauty who is quietly intelligent and spends more time in the reference section than in front of the mirror. But, as the song says, she has a natural beauty that can't be denied, hence the fantasy of her taking the pencil out of her hair and letting that beauty loose.

I think the image of the librarian from that movie is just another example of people tapping into an idea that has existed for awhile, and that James also tapped into.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Salacious D

QuoteOh, I'm sure Jim tapped it alright!   ;)
::)
Boys. . .
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode