My Morning Jacket - Circuital Album Reviews

Started by Tracy 2112, Jul 03, 2011, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

seems like everyone thinks similarly. I like the first kid best, though I disagree with all three of them. i can agree with many people though that im not into first light at all
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

adl6690

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 03, 2011, 03:12 PM
seems like everyone thinks similarly. I like the first kid best, though I disagree with all three of them. i can agree with many people though that im not into first light at all

The first kid kind of came off as stupid... although he started off sounding like he knows what he's talking about. He doesn't really know how to critique music so he talks about "production" as if he knows about it... and his Black Metal explanation is pretty bad. I mean he lists all the good things about it "The chorus and verses and instruments and woman's choir are awesome, but that's all the song is good for"...... well yeah.... its a song.... duh.

e_wind

Yeah the production comments were old, but all three of them I feel like totally missed the point of Holdin On. I found the second two people to be much more pretentious
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rincon

I have to say I would not want to hang with any of these guys, but I get the same "general" vibe that they all have. A clear 5 on a scale of 10. Black metal is probably my fave, especially after the blistering rendition in SB. But on the whole, it fares well below their potential for making great music, whatever genra they choose.

adl6690

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 03, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah the production comments were old, but all three of them I feel like totally missed the point of Holdin On. I found the second two people to be much more pretentious

Them music nerd guy was funny... but after watching a few of his videos, I suspect that he doesn't actually listen to the records.