Steam Engine - Epiphany?

Started by TheRoof, Nov 17, 2014, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoof

Ok, I know the topic of the Steam Engine lyrics has been discussed extensively. I am at fault, for misconstruing tons of MMJ lyrics....but, I think I may have finally solved the ending to the notorious STEAM ENGINE...

....at the end, I often wondered what Jim was saying/screaming at the very end of the song. I was listening to it this morning and think I might have "cracked the code". I searched for this, and came up with no results, so here's what I got:

(after acknowledged lyics....he says)

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

http://youtu.be/ybC1Dh4Jxw0

Anyone think this could be a potential course of lyrics for the ending?   :smiley:
You Are Everything

rincon2

Don't know, but I listened to MMJ on weed for the first time last night. Steam Engine on vinyl really sounded like Pink Floyd, something I never picked up before.

Taterbug

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 17, 2014, 02:36 PM
Don't know, but I listened to MMJ on weed for the first time last night. Steam Engine on vinyl really sounded like Pink Floyd, something I never picked up before.

Do you know what else is good with weed ?  EVERYTHING  :cheesy:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Mr. White

Quote from: Taterbug on Nov 17, 2014, 02:59 PM

Did you ever see Scent Of A Woman ... on weed?

http://youtu.be/j0B7bzP-Gog
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

BH

Quote from: TheRoof on Nov 17, 2014, 10:51 AM
Ok, I know the topic of the Steam Engine lyrics has been discussed extensively. I am at fault, for misconstruing tons of MMJ lyrics....but, I think I may have finally solved the ending to the notorious STEAM ENGINE...

....at the end, I often wondered what Jim was saying/screaming at the very end of the song. I was listening to it this morning and think I might have "cracked the code". I searched for this, and came up with no results, so here's what I got:

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

Anyone think this could be a potential course of lyrics for the ending?   :smiley:

I'm always up for a new theory on mysterious Jim lyrics.   I'm also up for a reason to listen to Steam Engine again!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rincon2

Quote from: Taterbug on Nov 17, 2014, 02:59 PM

Not for me. Can't drive, can't hold a conversation, get paranoid. But sometimes, stealing a hit from my kid when no one is home, right before bed, it has it's infrequent purpose.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Nov 17, 2014, 04:15 PM

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

I'm always up for a new theory on mysterious Jim lyrics.   I'm also up for a reason to listen to Steam Engine again!

Agreed! New theories - yes! Listening to Steam Engine - yes please and thank you!

Based on this version:

I think it might be:

• A slightly inarticulate "Neil Diamond" tribute (admittedly all options are quite inarticulate) .
  • "Leave, I can't leave, I can't leave" Tom is keeping Jim prisoner in the band and this is his cry for help (sorry for pointing fingers Tom, it just makes sense that you'd be the band super villain).
  • "Swede Darling" Jim knew I was going to become a fan one day - thanks Jim!

:thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

EverythingChanges

I've always thought the beginning of Smokin from Shootin sounds like something from dark side.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

rincon2

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 AM

I've always thought the beginning of Smokin from Shootin sounds like something from dark side.
The most Floydian thing I ever thought they did was the second half of Off The Record. The last 3 songs of ISM sounded like Floyd after a one hit buzz.

EverythingChanges

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

I thought he always said "believe in--believe" but your idea works too! I'm really curious as to what it's actually supposed to be. Has no one ever asked Jim this question?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

TheRoof

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

Mehbi that was my real intention all along! Have EVERYONE listen to STEAM ENGINE! Bwahahahahaha!!!! Oh well, it was for the greater good of humanity and all of it's consistent pitfalls.  :wink:

...but seriously, 'Keep me Darlin' keeps calling me!
You Are Everything

TheRoof

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Nov 18, 2014, 09:29 AM

"Keep Me Darling"
"Keep Me Darling"
"Meh Darlin'"
"Meh Darlin'"

Agreed! New theories - yes! Listening to Steam Engine - yes please and thank you!

Based on this version:

I think it might be:

• A slightly inarticulate "Neil Diamond" tribute (admittedly all options are quite inarticulate) .
  • "Leave, I can't leave, I can't leave" Tom is keeping Jim prisoner in the band and this is his cry for help (sorry for pointing fingers Tom, it just makes sense that you'd be the band super villain).
  • "Swede Darling" Jim knew I was going to become a fan one day - thanks Jim!

:thumbsup:

WOW....#3 had me literally LOL'ing!!!.....and I DON'T LOL   :thumbsup:
You Are Everything