3 pg MMJ write up in Aug. Q magazine..

Started by fortbethel, Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortbethel

starts on pg. 50. some nice pics too.  P. Weller & Duffy are on the mag cover. No, I didn't buy the mag

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

fortbethel

Quotefirst good post by fortbethel....

blow me

Penny Lane

wow--i'm gonna try to get this at lunch---that is huge because everyone in the UK reads that mag (plus there's gotta be something on the VERVE in it;-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

okay i just read this article---which is REALLY good btw---but Q is confusing---they only gave ISM 2 stars and both Z and Okonokos 4 stars...the article's pretty old, too, around the time right after coachella--there's also an excerpt from cameron crowe about how much he loves them and what he did w/them in the movie

oh jim also compares him and patrick to an old married couple lol....kind of funny

Erik26

Its cool most british people are f'd up. If you get a few rational posts in a row you got a winner!!!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Erik26

The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

dragonboy

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned something very striking/sad that Jim said in the article.
Unfortunately I recycled my copy completely forgetting that it had the Jacket article (I keep Mojo & UNCUT & recycle Q because it's more for 'the kids')
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Didn't feel comfortable misquoting Jim, so I took it out of my post (couldn't delete it)
If someone finds the article hopefully they'll post exactly what it was Jim said...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Penny Lane

i remember the quote--it was pretty much what you said---that's a typical thing for artists---fame/touring/rock star-ness comes at a price---think that's all he meant--it doesn't make me feel bad at all. i'm sure jim wouldn't change anything even if he could