Suspicious Minds?????

Started by js0221717, Oct 05, 2008, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

QuoteForty years ago today, a young Elvis Presley lost his way...

Does he say 30 or 40 years?  Not a big deal but I thought it was 30. I haven't heard the song in a while and love the way he introduced it.  It's a great version.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

aMillionDreams

QuoteForty years ago today, a young Elvis Presley lost his way...

Does he say 30 or 40 years?  Not a big deal but I thought it was 30. I haven't heard the song in a while and love the way he introduced it.  It's a great version.

You're probably right. I think I totally screwed up that quote. that's a great version though.

db, sorry to get off track on the covers comp in a thread about a song that is available on that comp. or did I mention that? The song's not even by Elvis anyway, just like all his hits. Shouldn't this thread be about Mark James? ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

QuoteHow about we get this thread back on track & continue talking about Elvis? Thanks people!  ;)

i could talk elvis all day, DB ;-) my nickname in high school was elvis--i was such a weird kid! i still get shivers hearing his version of 'if i can dream'---the gold hits -blue cover (album w/kentucky rain, in the ghetto, suspicious minds, clean up your own backyard) is one of my favorites of all time. i love that leather jump suit- that was after he got out of the army and got married and he was afraid people wouldn't accept him anymore---that was a big night--comeback special!! :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

anyone who calls themselves a Elvis fan should read Peter Guralnicks two books...Last trip to Memphis and Careless love.  I love the King.  His band with James Burton was one of the best at the time...its such an overlooked period because of the "early" and "late" elvis fame.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

TheRoof

"Some 25 years ago today"....just getting it right for the archive that's all.....I mean no emotional harm to anyone-I promise
You Are Everything

dragonboy

QuoteHow about we get this thread back on track & continue talking about Elvis? Thanks people!  ;)

i could talk elvis all day, DB ;-) my nickname in high school was elvis--i was such a weird kid! i still get shivers hearing his version of 'if i can dream'---the gold hits -blue cover (album w/kentucky rain, in the ghetto, suspicious minds, clean up your own backyard) is one of my favorites of all time. i love that leather jump suit- that was after he got out of the army and got married and he was afraid people wouldn't accept him anymore---that was a big night--comeback special!! :D
All the brit bands you love & now Elvis?!! I swear Pennylane, if I wasn't (happily?) married, I'd jump on a plane & fly to the states with the one intention of wooing you  ;)

I've read both of those Bold99, excellent books!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Penny Lane

amD--i post on here from work so i can never open the links---i'll definitely check them out now and put them on my laptop--thanks for insisting ;-) !! i had no idea he covered that.

Dragonboy--thanks for the compliment---reminds me of a Strangers with Candy quote although i have no idea why: (lol)

If wishes and buts were clusters of nuts we'd all have a bowl of granola!" ...---Geoffrey jellineck
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill