Off The Record.......Hawaii 5-0?

Started by walterfredo, Oct 10, 2008, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Every time I hear the opening riff of 'Off The Record' all I can think about is the intro and theme song from Hawaii 5-0.   Anyone else hear this?

and I'm sure a lot of people on here have no idea what Hawaii 5-0 is.  

ycartrob

QuoteEvery time I hear the opening riff of 'Off The Record' all I can think about is the intro and theme song from Hawaii 5-0.   Anyone else hear this?

and I'm sure a lot of people on here have no idea what Hawaii 5-0 is.  

The first time I heard them play it before Z came out, I thought they were doing a tongue-in-cheek spoof of Hawaii 5-0.

"Book 'em Dano"

bold99

when I first heard it I thought that too but its funny now I don't even think that.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

easy way

oh yeah...the first time we saw it live prior to the Z release, my brother and I just gave eachother this look.
:-? then  :) then  :o
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

aMillionDreams

When ISM came out Jim was interviewed on WFPK Louisville and Scott Mullins told him he thought that it might be a nod to Hawaii 5-0, Jim just said "Really?" and laughed it off.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sherpa

I thought the same thing when I first heard Off The Record.

Jim stated in an interview the possibility that influences throughout his life may be playing a role in his song writing that he is unaware of.

elzar

i rememebr a very long time ago, before i first listened to MMJ, i read a review that talked about the Hawaii 5-0 thing - but only the first time was i thinking 5-0, now everytime i hear that riff, i only think : OTR!

stevenflow1989

When I first heard this song it was live when I was introduced to the band as they opened for Pearl Jam. I thought it was also a tounge in cheek kind of funny tribute....but now it just kicks fucking ass.

CTdeadhead

I'll have to play it for my Mom, she has had a lifelong fantasy about Jack Lord.