Run[ning] Thru

Started by hatfielder, Nov 17, 2008, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Dante

Run Thru is one of my all-time favorites.  This song gets me jacked up every time, and I think it makes for a great running song too.

I am making a playlist of good running songs, as my chubby keister needs to get back out there and run.  Extensively.

My point here is I want the most high energy Run Thru to put on the playlist.  Please send your ideas/opinions.  Usually the longer the better when I hear this song live, but for this purpose I prefer it doesn't go too far off into space in the middle.  
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Dodobird

I would put the theme song from Rocky on that running playlist. That always gets me going. One Big Holiday would also be another boog MMJ song to run to.
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

JPV

you can't go wrong with any version you choose. try 12.31.06 for a very unique one. if you don't have this show, get it here ::
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RHM5QYK

walterfredo

Quoteyou can't go wrong with any version you choose. try 12.31.06 for a very unique one. if you don't have this show, get it here ::

ha....my girl went outside to puff a cig during this 12-31-06 Run Thru...talking about blowing it.  I felt like crying for her.  

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quoteyou can't go wrong with any version you choose. try 12.31.06 for a very unique one. if you don't have this show, get it here ::

ha....my girl went outside to puff a cig during this 12-31-06 Run Thru...talking about blowing it.  I felt like crying for her.  

thats a long smoke break...
God damn those shaky knees.

tomEisenbraun

sweet jesus. bonnaroo '06 about destroyed me...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy way

Yeah Tom...I almost spun off into oblivion on that one. Good call.  :o
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

tomEisenbraun

I can't tell if it was because it was one of the final songs after three solid hours of having my ass handed to me, or if it was because it was indeed the most intense I'd ever seen them play it, but I'm almost damn certain it was some combination of the two...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fortbethel

Here are 3 other, 'run through' type CLASSIC songs FYI

1)Catherine Wheel    Frement

2)Catherine Wheel    Fripp

3)The Stone Roses   Fool's Gold

Don Dante

Nice, thanks for the ideas peeps.
I do have the Bonnaroo and 12.31.06 versions, both awesome so I'll probably go with one of those.

And thanks fortbethel for these other 3 - looking into them right now.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

dragonboy

QuoteHere are 3 other, 'run through' type CLASSIC songs FYI

Really? I love Catherine Wheel/Stone Roses but personally don't see the comparisons in those songs...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

My Monkey Friend

I run about 4 miles a day, and have a list of songs that I like to run to.

Non-mmj-

Howlin rain, black crowes, BOH, pearl jam, black keys, pantera, sepultura, metallica. i run to this when i am truckin it.

I run to this mmj mix when i am going longer distances and need "open space music". Its all mmj

Evil urges
Im amazed
hell, live
lay low live
tyrone
anytime live
OBH live
it beats 4 u live
steam engine live
just because i do
just one thing
aluminum park
it makes no difference
smokin
golden during the cool down

vwxg14a

The best version of Run Thru is with the Boston Pops.  Unfortunately I don't know if there is any recorded versions of this.   >:(
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

fortbethel

QuoteHere are 3 other, 'run through' type CLASSIC songs FYI

Really? I love Catherine Wheel/Stone Roses but personally don't see the comparisons in those songs...

dragonboy, you're right i should have been clearer. what i meant was just in general epicness. glad 2 see there are other SR & CW fans here. Crome is CW's masterpiece, IMO

hizzo

This whole show is great so far! Beautiful version of They Ran too!  ;D
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.