Strangulation!

Started by stevenflow1989, Oct 22, 2008, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenflow1989

How did I just now fully appreciate how amazing this song is? It's the song that's been stuck in my head for the last few days, it's just genius. On At Dawn, from I Needed It Most to the last track, those songs play together and fit together so well with lots of reoccuring themes, just genius. But damn, strangulation...I can feel the emotion in every part of it, the lyrics, the delivery, the dynamics....wow.

the sun and moon

Oh my god!!! I know! I could say that it's one of my favorite MMJ songs, but that would be pushing it because I love all their songs! But I will say, that it's the one song that I've played over and over in my head.

WildCard

i hope you guys have seen the video from acoustic chorale?

the sun and moon

Quotei hope you guys have seen the video from acoustic chorale?

Of course I have, it's essential.

ajl193

what is it? could i get the link? i feel like im missing out

Murph

Dillsnufus

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4mbE12RbQ

...this one is special, enjoy.

I'm glad i posted them on youtube cause i lost my copy someone sent to me. (if anyone can send me a dvd r copy of acoustic chorale i'd love it) :-/
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

hizzo

That just caused my computer to freeze. THAT'S how good it was!  ;)
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

kydiddle

QuoteHow did I just now fully appreciate how amazing this song is? It's the song that's been stuck in my head for the last few days, it's just genius. On At Dawn, from I Needed It Most to the last track, those songs play together and fit together so well with lots of reoccuring themes, just genius. But damn, strangulation...I can feel the emotion in every part of it, the lyrics, the delivery, the dynamics....wow.

There's just something about the song... Now I need to hear it.

:)
Cow temperature.

axround3r

because of this song i feel confident that their must be someone up above who wants to fix me a dream, sit down n think, and also serve me a nice drink preferred something tropical

chuckooo

I think I'm going to do my project for english on this song. Thank you Jim!

Bigsky

I have been listening to this song (more than usual) for the last month or so, and it has to be one of the most powerful songs I've heard. It literally takes me up in the air where I float for awhile. It than slams me down...makes me feel alive. For a song about suicide, it has made me love life...

Strangulation is the one song I would love to hear at NYE...and Where To Begin.

kydiddle

It's lame to say 'me, too' but I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Me, too.

My problem with those two songs (and a few others) is that once they start up, I tend to listen to them about 4 or 5 times in order to get my fix. Maybe hearing it live will be some kind of magic cure. Or send me into a tailspin.

:-/

Cow temperature.

Grateful Chabo

i'd go with the tailspin...that would be so sweet to see where to begin and/or strangulation! live
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

moflojo

Dido - I have personally yet to hear these songs live. I think our wishes will come true on NYE. YEE_HAWWWW! 23 DAYS BAY-BAY!

ms. yvon

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4mbE12RbQ

...this one is special, enjoy.
sweet jesus.

stunning.  

damn.

thanks for the link, murph468!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ChronicHunger

Ive said it once and ill say it again life goal number 4 see strangulation live. oh and is it on the archives anywhere i couldnt find it on the the filllmore shows in 06??? :o