Evil Urges has....

Started by Bigsky, Dec 10, 2008, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

Evil Urges has become classic MMJ for me. It still is new and fresh, and I am continually finding treasures in it, but EU feels more comfortable (more MMJ). When I shuffle it in with all their other albums it blends nicely. It has found it's place, so to say. I am sure there are fans out there that still are fighting the sounds, and saying that they miss the old MMJ (and that's OK).
    It is amazing how quickly time goes by (except waiting for NYE), and how somethings come and go. Evil Urges has come, and it's not going anywhere. It is right at home with me and the boys.

Anybody else feeling this?

AllyDee

definitely

Thank You Too makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside....

Sec Walkin is right up there with Golden

Evil Urges (the track) is one of my favorites

BH

Thank You Too makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside....

ahwwww yeahhhhh, so good
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

easy way

felt...
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Bigsky

felt...

felt paper...nice and smooth

Grateful Chabo

im agree 100% with this....touch me pt 1 and 2 are incredible.  One thought but sooo different.  Evil urges
(the track) just makes me do this half robot half twist white man dance move.  Smokin from shooting and thank you too gives me chills with every listen.  Sounds like classic mmj to me... :D
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

weeniebeenie

Oh yeah.
Smokin' From Shootin, Highly Suspicious, Two Halves,Thankyou Too!
So many good songs.

Genius. :)
How loud can silence get?

LEATHER KID

IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

weeniebeenie

QuoteREMNANTS!
Oh My Gosh!!!!!! How could I forget?!?!?!
How loud can silence get?

searchinbig

No doubt. When I first got EU I played the shit out of it. I retired it for a while, then listened again. Sounds even better. I remember reading all the posts here about EU. I still love it. So do my kids, and thats even better cause it will live on!!  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

kydiddle

It's fantastic, not my favorite of their albums, but it's MMJ through and through. I like how you said it fits nicely with the others, because it definitely does. Anyone who criticizes this album should listen to Smokin' From Shootin' a few times. (My favorite track...)
Cow temperature.

Kenny76

No doubt. When I first got EU I played the shit out of it. I retired it for a while, then listened again. Sounds even better. I remember reading all the posts here about EU. I still love it.

I had the same experience.  It sounds better than ever right now.  I'm so glad they made this album the way it is.  Every song is brilliant.

Ghostess on TV

It's nominated for a freaken grammy!!   :D 8-)

Janet

I freakin' love EU.  It's been in steady rotation for me since it was released.  Then again, I haven't really been able to listen to any other band for about the last six months....