Rolling Stone top 50

Started by Clarkwork, Dec 10, 2008, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Grateful Chabo

QuoteEU is number 4 for the year.  Not too bad.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/24958695/albums_of_the_year/31

barely edged out by lil wayne....

I love how they have the jonas bros on there, over the raconteurs...gimme a fuckin break   >:(
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

lasvegas

QuotePosted Dec 25, 2008 7:30 PM

shit. i missed christmas again.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

BH

Nice, #4!  That's a pretty decent list I think.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Jim James and his bearded crew became the year's mightiest rock band by embracing indie, Southern and hippie rock, but also by transcending what those categories mean. Evil Urges, the Kentucky group's fifth studio album, took My Morning Jacket's pigeonhole-dodging style to wild and crazy new lengths: James indulged in a Prince-style soulman falsetto on the title track, and "Highly Suspicious" stepped to a brittle New Wave funk groove that was nearly unrecognizable as My Morning Jacket — at least until the Lynyrd Skynyrd-flavored multiguitar break kicked in. On Evil Urges, the band pledges loyalty to only one genre: itself.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

For Rolling Stone, this isn't bad. We agree for once on #1. However, Stay Positive is rather low on that list.  :-?
In another time, in another place, in another face

Penny Lane

that's a pretty good list, i would take beck and coldplay out of the top, though
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

I have a hard time with any list that put the Jonas Brothers ahead of AC/DC and the Raconteurs.  That basically sums up Rolling Stone.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

aMillionDreams

QuoteFor Rolling Stone, this isn't bad. We agree for once on #1. However, Stay Positive is rather low on that list.  :-?

Wow. I decided to actually look at the list after reading your post and yeah, but a bad list at all.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

fortbethel

actually the full 8 or so pages is pepperd with Jacket things including Jim's album pick of the year with he discribed as, 'wanting to make u mate then kill' sounds intense

BH

Quoteactually the full 8 or so pages is pepperd with Jacket things including Jim's album pick of the year with he discribed as, 'wanting to make u mate then kill' sounds intense

what was it?

markcel

Bon Iver at 29 is probably my biggest issue.  I have a hard time believing anyone could think there are 28 better albums out this year, its my #1.

getinthevan

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Death Magnetic should not be on the list, let alone that high on it.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

JacketGal

QuoteOn Evil Urges, the band pledges loyalty to only one genre: itself.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
That sums them up nicely.

Way to go MMJ!  
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

slimsloslider

thank the lord for bob dylan, and i love the latest installment of the bootleg series, but it has NO business in the top 10, let alone number-friggin-two! dylan's importance on popular music cannot be overstated, but a collection of his throwaway demos shouldn't rank so highly on a year-end list. to me, this only reinforces how out-of-touch rolling stone is with real music. they gave appropriate props to tvotr, but no beach house? c'mooooooonnnnnn!!!!!